• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what antenna would you use for CB on this car and why?

nope.
I don't recommend it for garage parkers, but my best mobile setup was a 102 off the trunk lid on my '82 malibu. he doesn't have a deck lid so...
if I had had a roof rack, I'm sure I would have put it there.
height makes might.
it does limit your drive through options though.

You would have a serious grounding problem on a roof rack. Seen it happen way too often.

My concrete truck is 11ft.8inches high at the loading hopper. It passes under all bridges in my region. You can always stow the 102" whip sideways with a 102" whip clip if Radio Shack still sells them. Make the swr shoot up a little but allows the vehicle to be a garage Parker.
P.S. Those clips are made of a insulative material

Last edited:
like grinder 74 i've been running the cheap radio shack base loaded 64" whip for awhile now. and with a bare foot radio i'm happy with it. and it hears extremly well. I think for under 25 dollars it one of those best kept secrets in antennas.

simple question, lower the cost the better, at the moment I have a 102 SS whip and a 4ft firestik firefly that I could trim down a bit, BUT I am open to buying other antenna.

I think the 102 would look weird, but then again so would the firestik

http://images.gtcarlot.com/gtgallery/photo.php?id=8942353

I personally don't think a 102 on ball & spring would be that bad on the quarter panel...just depends if ya want a big honking hole in the side of the car.

Reactions: 1 person
if your looking for just cb wilson 5k mag mount
if ya wanna cover more channels then the sirio is better
if ya wanna run more watts look into predator 10k or a 55r4 open coil designs

Reactions: 1 person
Sure why not? you should get a good bandwidth, But if you want to cover the full coverage of the radio you will need a couple of spare whips to tune for the fringe areas.

I would stay away from those barjan wilson 5k's untill the company come out with ones that work properly.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.