• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what are the equivalent FTM-350 by kenwood, alinco, et al?

ldivinag

Feb 12, 2010
N37 33*, W122 3*
looks like the wouxun mobile is vaporware.

so, being a yaesu guy since my first vx-7r, i WAS looking at the 350. but since everything about it is an additional $$$ add-on from BT, to GPS, etc, i was wondering what kenwood, alinco and others had anything similar close to the look (nice big screen) and feel (dual/tri bands) for my tech license...

i'm such a noob compared to other brands...

thanks.

The Kenwood does not have Bluetooth at all and you need to attach a GPS to it too. Yeasu at least gives you the option of using their GPS module that makes for a very nice integrated package and it gives you the option to have Bluetooth.

One feature that the Kenwood has that the Yeasu doesn't is the ability to digipeat and enter actual objects. Hopefully eventually through software updates Yeasu will be able to do this too.

I would recommend the Yaesu FTM-350AR. Great mobile rig! Easy to setup and use.

It handles APRS very well - except as someone else pointed out, it does not digipeat. No big deal! It's something I can live without... it's more of a nice to have feature.

The FTM-350AR has options such as bluetooth, remote monitoring, voice messages, audio recording etc.

And, if you are already familiar with Yaesu - the setup / programming is similar to many of Yaesu's other radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.