• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What are the market prices for Silver Salute deskmics?

Red Ranger

Aug 16, 2008
..Silver Eagles, Night Eagles, and Astatic D104's. What premium are these classics going for in todays market? NIB and good used conditions?

re

the the silver salute is garbage. and
they sound like garbage. i had one sold it fast on ebay.

There are some lucky bastards who have some NIB D104's stashed back in the closet and they break one out and sell them on ebay occasionally. Expect to pay $200-400 depending on model.

Good-condition used all depends on the exact condition. Regular D104's go for around $25-50. All you have to do is go to ebay and look around.

All the Silver Eagle I have heard sound over modulated
my 1/3 of a %

Maybe they had the mic gain turned up too high ??
interview.gif

equipment is at the mercy of the operator , the finest equipment can sound like total crap if bad tech has been in it or the operator has it set up wrong . crap will pretty much always sound like crap .

of course on the chicken band one persons crap can be another's pot of gold :whistle:
and vise-versa :LOL:

There are some lucky bastards who have some NIB D104's stashed back in the closet and they break one out and sell them on ebay occasionally. Expect to pay $200-400 depending on model.

Good-condition used all depends on the exact condition. Regular D104's go for around $25-50. All you have to do is go to ebay and look around.

Sometimes you can get a lot better deal buying locally or at a hamfest than you will buying off ebay. :)

Silver Eagle. Golden Eagle. TUG-9, TUG-8, D-104, 10-DA...

I've had almost all of them through the years and with the exception of the 10-DA mic head (IMO superior for SSB) I've never really noticed a whole lot of difference in any of them.

Electrically speaking is there really any difference in the various models of amplified mics? Or is it all different packaging?

I've seen those 'Final Edition' D-104s NIB trying to fetch $200 + Garden variety versions are running 25-60 depending on condition.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.