• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What Brand Is This Base?

I don't care much for the handles, but it is a nice simple looking radio that is well laid out. Has what you need with no extra horseshit bells, beeps and echo.

its not an argus 5000(unless its been resprayed at the front as they had the name on them),although it is the same chassis, as its a cybernet pcma 001s board (how did you guys miss that printed on the board?), could be falcon 2000,mongoose 2000,palomar 2400 or palomar 500 (i ain't seen any of those in the flesh but i know they have the same board).

as the 160 ch uk nato 200 emerged circa 82-83 (just before i went off cb, in the pursuit of my new love, cannabis and pink floyd) i'd guess the 240 ch versions emerged circa 84-86, possibly even later, i wasn't around so can't be certain, but its definately not as early as some may think, most likely bang in the middle of the 80's when cb in europe was at its peak and 240 ch's would have been the main selling point on a very crowded band.

like ranger and others nowadays cybernet made gear for anyone willing to pay for it, import it and order x amount of sets, so it may well even be a relatively unknown brand from a different part of the world.

heres a link to the service manual should anyone be unfortunate enough to invest in it (cybernet ssb radios weren't known for their outstanding performance) :
http://www.radiomanual.eu/schemi/CB/CB_SuperStar_2200_serv.pdf

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.