• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What channel do you guys run when DX is Hot

I tend to wander "all over the band," too. As you can see in my sig below, I do have some favorite haunts, but I don't monitor them, per se.

I usually avoid the crowded channels, like channel 38 SSB. I can't understand why people would congregate there to scream and holler CQ just to have someone call their numbers. Nine times out of ten it's "OK, you're sounding good here. You have yourself a fine one." ... and that's it. Hello/goodbye. ??

Sometimes I like to call CQ on channel 38 and then announce that I'm listening "down 5," meaning 5 kHz, on 27.380. I've had a lot of very enjoyable, laid-back QSO's there that don't last a mere 5 seconds. But, different strokes...

-

I am also on 38 LSB when skip is hot , but -------->

I like to tell my DX contact to go to up to 38 USB to have a Q'so about more than just boring signal reports.

I started on 39 / 39 LSB & 19 AM in the 70's in Los Angeles county in the 70's in so California , also 38 LSB in the 80's in San Diego, and now in southern Oregon I am back at it the same way.
;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.