• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What coax to use?

Supspt454

Sep 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Just got the new Sirio Gain Master to go on a 30' three leg tower with 8' mast. Radio is Kenwood TS-440s. I've been down for awhile and list everything in a wild fire that destroyed my shack and antenna. Want to get the best coax to replace this set up. Thanks

Times Microwave LMR400.

Sounds like good stuff from what I just researched. What about length? I know these are stupid "green horn" questions, but I've been out of the radio business for a few years now. I used to run the old A99, but it burned like a match. Noticed decent reviews on the Sirio, and thought I'd try it. Thanks for the input!!!

What is the total length needed to reach your antenna? The Gain-Master cannot handle a bunch of power, so LMR400 might be an expensive over kill on a relatively "short" run.

I have the Gain-Master and really like it. I have a 50' run of Belden RG8X attached to mine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.