• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What did you want but couldn't get

w9cll

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jan 19, 2013
Chicago, IL
www.flickr.com
All this 11 meter talk has me thinking about the old days and therefore lead to thinking about what I was never able to optain. So here is my question; what was some of the equipment that you lusted over but never got?

For me it's fairly simple:

CB:
CPI 2000
SBE Console V
Wilson Super Laser - Could have purchased this but didn't have the room to put it up.

Ham:
hummm can't think of anything here

This site does not have enough bandwidth for me to list all the ham gear i would have LOVED to have had over the years and never got. Names like Signal One (Milspec 1030), Rockwell-Collins (KWM-380) McKay-Dymek, JRC, plus HF amps by Henry, Commander or QRO Technologies and VHF amps by Beko (HLV-3000). I have champagne taste on a beer budget.

Reactions: 2 people
yes

i have always loved the look and quality of the Stoner Pro 40.
i still may find one some day.

Stoner is still in the biz making SGC product for the goverment and ham.

Don Stoner and Pierre Goral founded Stoner-Goral Communications back in 1972, and started off building SSB Marine-band radios. The company was incorporated as SGC in January of 1973 and he and Stoner owned 50/50 stock in the company until October 1978 when the entire Stoner interest was purchased by Goral.
He retired from SGC in the 80`s, and started Digital Electronics, and by 1990 had retired for good.
Don Stoner passed away on May 4, 1999, but he left a mark on Radio with his work.

Jeff

220 amp oem fit alternator for my 2002 dodge caravan
optimum battery
TNT T900
Range SS158EDX peaked tuned ext channels
Ranger TRE966FFC peaked tuned ext channels
Ranger RCI69FFB4 peaked tuned ext channels
Cobra 148F peaked tuned ext channels
Galaxy 595 peaked tuned ext channels
Uniden Grant peaked tuned ext channels
Dak X peaked tuned ext channels
MR Coily Enforcer base antenna