• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What do you recommend for an audio cable going from uv-5R to an audio 1/4" TRS amplifier/speaker jack?

radiolearner

Sep 13, 2022
What do you recommend for an audio cable going from uv-5R to an audio 1/4" TRS amplifier/speaker jack?
(I have an adapter to get from 1/4 TRS to 1/4 TS).
I already tried running a standard 2.5mm TRS from the uv-5R to the audio-amplifier. I also already tried
running a standard 3.5mm TRS from the uv-5R to the audio-amplifier. Neither worked. Standard cables seem
not to work with these Baofeng's...
Goal is to play the Baofeng's received message on the speakers attached to the audio amplifier.

The below is what shows up on amazon. I don't know how that could be right since the audio-amplifier jacks are either TRS or TS, not TRRS.
Amazon product ASIN B01LMIBAZW
Otherwise I will just try pairing the above amazon cable with the below:
Amazon product ASIN B089XYZ7NMThis at amazon:

Hosa MHE-310 3.5 mm TRS(female) to 1/4" TRS(male) Headphone Adaptor Cable, 10 Feet Black​

Last edited:

You need to use the 2.5mm jack with TRS, the 3.5mm is for the mic. On the 2.5mm, the tip is speaker+, the ring is TX Data (so leave it disconnected), the sleeve is ground.

Reactions: radiolearner
You need to use the 2.5mm jack with TRS, the 3.5mm is for the mic. On the 2.5mm, the tip is speaker+, the ring is TX Data (so leave it disconnected), the sleeve is ground.
Ah so. So, I need to find which of the three internal-wires is TX-Data (middle pole) and cut that wire?

Ah so. So, I need to find which of the three internal-wires is TX-Data (middle pole) and cut that wire?
I was referring to the audio going to the amplifier

Reactions: radiolearner

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated