• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What do you think of a Bifilar Input tuned rig with Russian Pentodes??

ElectronTubesRule

Sep 6, 2011
So the other day I was wandering the internet and I came upon a design for a 600watt and 1KW compact table top amp broad band HF. The 600 watt model used a single 813 tube and the 1KW used 2x 813 tubes. So I got to thinking that the 813 is a pentode right?? So why not do that design obviously the voltages and capacitance and such would be different but the general Bifilar tuned input with much cheaper Russian Pentode's????? If the design is good enough to get 600 watt's cleanly out of a single 813 with no cooling imagine what could be down with beefier Russian tubes??? They have some beefy pentodes in glass envelopes and in ceramic. If the 813 in that design was able to put out 600watt's a Russian GU81 might be able to do 1KW by itself in SSB or CW use and a 2 x GU81 might be able to get 2KW with no fans in SSB/CW modes etc.......Obviously you would not want to try that in AM chewing the rag with no cooling you would be able to light a cigar 10 feet away from the tubes......LOL Just an idea though.

I have not seen anyone do it yet with Russian tubes at all might be worth doing just to be the first one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.