• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What Happend To The Marconi Net?

Seems like Fred has been paroled. He's back on 3.872 doing his best to position other hams under his contaminated wing. The upside is there have been lots of west coast band openings on 3.870 AM. Looks like the appropriate time to fire up and work some coast to coast AM would be just before 9 PM EST :)

I see the same thread was removed on the ZED .

yeah, W1IT got on there again and flapped his lips like he does on 7.181,...... 'til fred shut him off (y).

he's another one of those , that can be nice, (as long as you suck up to him).

i know for a fact , that numerous people are recording his "activities" on 7.181.
his clock is running.

I've listened in a few times and he can be a little abrasive to be sure. I'm sure though that there are some good folks there also. If your interested in a good rag chew you cna drop in every night at or around 3823 and talk with the good old boys, new folks are always Welcome
mike

I've listened in a few times and he can be a little abrasive to be sure. I'm sure though that there are some good folks there also. If your interested in a good rag chew you cna drop in every night at or around 3823 and talk with the good old boys, new folks are always Welcome
mike

Great group. I stop in about everyday.

I've tried!

I agree with some of the previous posts. Some times I think Fred is his own worst enemy. As my user name says, I work qrp most of the time and one evening while monitoring 80 meters I stumbled across the Marconi net. I was hearing quite a few of the stations so I figured I'd give it a shot and try to check in. Well, Fred barely made out my callsign and a fellow from Northern Virginia was relaying for me. Fred asked about my station, and when I told him I was running 5 watts to a G5RV at 20 ft, he went off into a tirade about how qrp on 80 meters and inefficient compromise antenna systems were a waste of time. He also had already looked me up on QRZ and saw that I had a 100 watt radio and asked why I wasn't using that! I checked out of the net and decided that I would try my other rig the next night. I also joined his Marconi net YAHOO group. The next night I checked in at 100 watts and Fred heard me , but said I was still weak and made some snotty remark about the G5RV again. Several of the other stations chimed in and said that they could here me just fine and that some of them we also using G5RV's. Well that was all it took and he launched into another lecture about inefficient antennas and he wasn't going to go into it again. That was it for me, I Told Fred I was going QRT and never bothered to check in again. I don't agree with the people that Jam the net on a daily basis, but I have to say that Fred brings on much of it by his attitude. He is supposed to be the net control station, but wil leave everyone hanging while he gets into an extended shouting match with the jammers after not minutes before telling the net participants not to acknowledge the jammers. So I'll say farewell Fred and I leave you to your own devices.(y)

To put it in a nutshell Fred has zero respect for anyone who doesn't precisely fall in line with his viewpoints or ideas at the moment. Some of which are contradicting. He's there regularly serving in everyone's best interest.... So long as it happens to be his too. If conditions are bad between you and him, you have inferior equipment. Nevermind if everyone else can hear you further out since the band went long. If you politely ask him to QSY to avoid QRM, he has a coronary.

I've seen him operate for years. When he starts his net, the goal is not to see if the frequency and occupying bandwidth are in use. The goal is to seize the frequency at the earliest possible moment with no regard to others. He's talked endlessly both causing and receiving QRM to the point where he obviously can't hear but won't QSY. His legal limit amp has falsely compounded his superiority complex to the point where he subjects the entire net to being his disposable pawns.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.