• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHAT IS BEST WAY TO STOP MIC SQUEAL ?

Sonoma, I really appreciate you walking me through this. I took the D104 off and put the original mic on, and no problem, so I knew there was something wrong, either the adapter or wiring. The white wire was loose in the solder joint so I redid it put in b ack on and adjusted the radio mic gain to about 3 o'clock, barely cracked the mic volume pot barely open, all seems well. I've never had the top off on this radio, so I don't know about the talkback you asked about. When I key the mic I get one small plunk, that's all. Amps/modulation barefotted and power seem fine with good swr. My mic wiring is somewhat different than you mentioned.
1 blue/shield
2 white
3 red
4 black
5 yellow nc
I bought it wired this way, is it correct ?

I finally found it......my Washington is 8719 BOARD 5 wire plug. D 104 is 6 wire but yellow/black wire are not used. It must have a 5 pin plug to match. 4 pin plug will not work. I must have starred @ the schematic for an hour, then I saw it.

the black wire may be soldered inside the mic for the 2 nd ground the washington needs to complete the 2nd ground. just open the mic and see if the wire is soldered inside.
I take it the paper work I posted for the mic did not help you. go over to cbtricks and there is a few more versions on the mic. may match up to yours if the paper work I left you did not help.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
the black wire may be soldered inside the mic for the 2 nd ground the washington needs to complete the 2nd ground. just open the mic and see if the wire is soldered inside.
I take it the paper work I posted for the mic did not help you. go over to cbtricks and there is a few more versions on the mic. may match up to yours if the paper work I left you did not help.

No, you helped me understand it completely, I was lost.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.