• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is that dang beep?

Complaining to the FCC? Surely I jest ! Oh...and thanks for letting us know that our "Little CB Band" isn't the only one being disturbed. Of course us little people wouldn't know the rest of the spectrum is being disturbed.

Believe it or not but in reality some people do think the FCC can do something about interference even if it comes from outside the USA. I can't recall how many times I have seen/heard US operators talk about reporting foreign operators (usually ham radio operators) to the FCC. And as for the "little CB band comment" it was in reference to the small 440 KHz of bandwidth it occupies of the HF spectrum while the other 26.56 MHz of the HF spectrum also gets interfered with from the same source. The interference is not centered around the RELATIVELY SMALL CB band.

Reactions: 309hellinois
Believe it or not but in reality some people do think the FCC can do something about interference even if it comes from outside the USA. I can't recall how many times I have seen/heard US operators talk about reporting foreign operators (usually ham radio operators) to the FCC. And as for the "little CB band comment" it was in reference to the small 440 KHz of bandwidth it occupies of the HF spectrum while the other 26.56 MHz of the HF spectrum also gets interfered with from the same source. The interference is not centered around the RELATIVELY SMALL CB band.
Thanks for the clarifications.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.