• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is your favorite recue story?

MitchellB

Apr 4, 2012
NC
www.myspace.com
About 10 years ago my wife, who was home alone at the time, had walked to the back of our yard at the edge of the woods and unlocked my barn to go inside and get something. As she went in, she somehow closed the door behind her hard enough that the latch's steel hasp swung around and slipped over the hasp knob effectively locking her inside with no way to push the hasp open from inside. I build those doors 4” thick and short of using a chain saw to cut her way through, she could not get back out. She remembered my SSB CB radio that I have mounted on a shelf with a small 12 volt DC power supply plugged in that I use as my CB base station setup for many years and turned it on and began scanning channels to find someone that she could contact. Luckily for her, a good Samaritan was driving nearby with their CB radio on and answered her call. She said he really thought at first that someone was pulling a joke on him with this story about a lady trapped inside a barn needing someone to drive to this address to let her out. He took a chance; came by, walking into the fenced in back yard with our dog running loose, walked to the back of the lot where the barn stood and opened the barn door, setting my wife free. In this day and time, I’m not sure how many people would believe that story over a CB radio, much less drive alone to a strange home, go inside someone’s fenced in lot with a strange dog running loose to open a barn door.

18 years ago I and other mixer truck drivers were delivering concrete to a new bridge project in a city southeast from our concrete plant. It was 32 degrees that morning. As I was waiting in line to pour out next,some woman in a car drove up near the construction site,parked her car off the road in a clearing and got out and walked off. I thought it was weird that she would do that. After that,one of the drivers ahead of me that finished pouring out drove his truck over to the designated wash down area which just happened to be near the car that the woman had abandoned. As the driver was washing down his chutes he kept hearing thumping noises and muffled cries for help come from the abandoned car's trunk. He went over to the car to investigate what was going on and realized that it sounded like two kids were locked in the trunk. The police were immediately called and they got the trunk open. What they found were two girls. One girl was two and the other girl was five years old in the trunk with just their underwear and t shirts on and they were shivering from the cold. The police were directed as to which way the woman had walked off in which they found her and arrested her. The woman obviously was mentally unstable and had driven forty miles to perform this hideous act. The driver that had discovered the two girls that were locked in the trunk earned hero status that day.

Last edited:
This is my rescue story. I adopted her two weeks ago...

Sophie.JPG

I know this isn't exactly what the OP was looking for, but she and my family absolutely love each other to death, and we look forward to many years of happiness, now that we've been blessed to have her in our lives.

(y)

Reactions: 1 person
Here's a recent one! Hurricane Sandy came in and took out all the power lines, cable, internet, landline telephones and cell tower! The roads were totally flooded, and covered with downed trees. An elderly gent was hit by flying debris, fell and had symptoms of a heart attack. Luckily for him, a motorist was driving by who had a CB in his vehicle, and was able to contact a trucker who informed the authorities! Thanks to a helicopter rescue, that elderly gent's life was saved. Since then, I always keep a working CB in all of my vehicles!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.