• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What is your thought on this power/swr meter

I think a guy on ePay was selling these units or at least the parts to build one.

It looks like a TelePost LP-100A, at least the start of a clone, probably uses atmel/arduino instead of a pic micro though..
The display is a Hitachi/clone variant very common and cheap I have a few of those 16x2 lcd boards waiting for me to finish various projects.

Link in the rest of it, we want to see (y)!
All the best.
-Sam

Last edited:
My bad!!!!!!! I just wanted advise in this style over the normal meter type. I just saw this display on ebay for reference only. I also noticed it was just a panel, duhhhhhh.

I thought you meant what we thought of the entire meter and was looking for the pick up etc. As for the style, yeah it works for me but I still like analog meters. If I was building an amp or such it would be great to add.

i have to agree with the rest of my analogue retentive peers.

Digital meters have their place, and to me, that place is when i need an exact number to the right of a decimal point.

other than that, analog meters tell so many more stories than a digital meter can.
LC

Anyone run the Alpha brand meters? Looks like a nice hybrid style. I could buy a few Birds for the cost of the thing. As I age, I prefer the larger analog watt meters, haha.

http://www.rkrdesignsllc.com/-9/

4520_1.jpg

I'm somewhat surprised that no one has come out with a digital/ analog meter display like they have on the newest flagship HF rigs. A 7" or 8" tablet sized color display would be good.

Last edited:
i have to agree with the rest of my analogue retentive peers.

Digital meters have their place, and to me, that place is when i need an exact number to the right of a decimal point.

other than that, analog meters tell so many more stories than a digital meter can.
LC
It's hard to see a scratchy pot with a digital meter. I have seen digital meters that had a bar graph over the the digits and that worked well for peaking and dipping.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.