• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What kind of antenna is this, and is this a good price?

Turbo T

Certified CB Rambo
Feb 2, 2011
An individual has offered to sell me this antenna with tuner for $150. However he does not know what brand of antenna this is, just stated it's 8 ft, 4 inches tall and that it's for 2 meter use.

Anyone know what antenna this is, and with the tuner would $150 be reasonable?

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 296
  • GetAttachment.aspx1.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 290

Antenna may even be a sigma and the other pic super is a pic of the little antenna tuner he mentioned in the post that comes with the antenna.

Yes, it looks like a Cushcraft Ringo antenna( looks like a AR-2 or a ARX-2) for two meters, and a LDG 100 Pro Auto Tuner.
Just look around and see what they sell for, and cut that about half or so for used.....

jeff

what the hell is the other pic for?

I wanted to show what he had to offer up f/s or trade. I'm new to this stuff. I take it the tuner is for when you don't have quite the right antenna so it sort of makes it right for you?

I also believe I read this tuner doesn't work on anything past the 54 mHz area? So it would be worthless on 2 meters?

I wanted to show what he had to offer up f/s or trade. I'm new to this stuff. I take it the tuner is for when you don't have quite the right antenna so it sort of makes it right for you?

I also believe I read this tuner doesn't work on anything past the 54 mHz area? So it would be worthless on 2 meters?
Yep. That tuner is meant for 1.8 to 54mhz. But if it is a pkg deal, it is worth it. Remember, that your tech license is usable on 6m (54mhz) as well as the SSB band on 10m. So the tuner is useful for that too, and if/when you get your General ticket too for the rest of the HF band.

Last edited:
Yep, as Robb said, it is good on HF thru 6 meters.
It is a Auto tuner, SWR meter, and Power meter and will handle up to 125 watts.
It will match a variety of loads, the cool thing is that you hook it up just like a Power/SWR meter.
In from radio, out to antenna, and power (12v DC)
Useful if you are running a 100 watt all mode rig like the FT-857/897.
Here is some Copy and paste for info :

The LDG AT-100 Pro desktop tuner covers all frequencies from 1.8 to 54 MHz, and will automatically match your antenna in no time. It features a two-position antenna switch, allowing you to switch instantly between two antennas. The AT-100Pro requires just 1 watt to operation, but will handle up to 125 watts, making it suitable for everything from QRP up to a typical 100 watt transceiver.

The AT-100 Pro includes over 2,000 memories for each antenna, automatically storing tuning configurations for each frequency and band as you use them. Frequency sensing circuitry lets the AT-100 Pro “know” your operating band and frequency. Whenever you transmit on or near a frequency you have used before, the AT-100Pro can retune from memory almost instantly.

Rugged and easy-to-read LED bargraphs show power and SWR, and a Function key on the front panel allows you to access data like mode and status. The AT-100Pro uses latching relays which retain the tuned configuration indefinitely even when powered down; current draw when not tuning is effectively zero.

The AT-100Pro uses LDG’s state-of-the-art processor-controlled Switched-L tuning network. It will match dipoles, verticals, inverted-Vs or virtually any coax-fed antenna. With an optional LDG balun, you can also use longwires or antennas fed with ladder-line.

Control from the front panel is simple and straightforward; just press Tune while transmitting a carrier, and the AT-100Pro will begin an automatic tuning cycle.

I use the AT-200Pro, and it is very nice to have when you are camping.

As long as it is working and in decent shape.. not a bad deal for both.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.