• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what NPC/RC mod looks like on a scope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo......Prove your point......
:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:
I think you can explain what we need to know from your perspective.
You should be able to do that if you wrote a book on amps.
That was a teaching endeavor.

One more thing,

Bob85, what kind of watt meter is that in the picture? I've never seen one like that.

And, if a dosy meter or a PDC-700 or anything similar is used to measure peak power, answer this question. Since most everyone calibrates these type of meters using a Bird, Waters, or HP meter and simple set the dead key on the U.U.T.* to the same reading--just how does that meter know that when you start modulating that it is supposed to suddenly become a peak-reading meter when you just calibrated it to read average or RMS DEAD KEY?

I forgot to answer you about the bird slug. Birds do NOT measure peaks even with the peak-reading kit installed because they are calibrated to read the DEAD KEY as average or RMS--same thing goes with them; how do they know at what instant they are to be average reading and what instantances they are to become peak-reading?:confused:

*U.U.T.=Unit Under Test

the meter is the lp-100a
TELEPOST E-MAIL

active pep meters aim to capture peaks usually using an opamp sample and hold circuit, resistor values within the circuit need to be sellected to match the fs current of the meter movement
i have no idea how the lp-100 does it i never looked into it,

none active meters that claim to read pep are useless imho, movement response is far too slow to track any modulated carrier, they suffer mechanical lag and overshoot.

I put up that post and come back to another that has to be answered.

Rob! What is the point that you want me to prove? I have covered everything that I thought needed to be covered and still get bashed by a guy that outright calls himself a "HACK".

I will be glad to "Prove My Point" if I can find out what you want me to prove!

I started out on this thread telling the group that the "what the NPC-RC looks like on a scope" was not what it looks like! That it was not the NPC-RC!
And, that the patterns were mis-interpreted! What else does the group want me to validate?

Would anyone like to ask a simple question or two that I will be glad to answer if I see some logic to the question. Simply telling me that limiting does this or that or clipping does this or that isn't telling me something that has ANYTHING to do with the NPC-RC since it is not limiting or clipping!

Also as far as me being the one that created the NPC, I never made that claim and in fact countered that claim on my website by saying that I had nothing to do with it.

I simply stated that I started playing with the Idea back in 1969 at GeneralRadio Telephone in the Super-MC-11-A a CB radio that I worked in the design of. I stated that I started building amplifiers back in 1971 that I coined "swing carrier" which was really not anything more than NPC and the first class A biased amps.

Maybe some of you know the amps I built--first the AUTHCOM--Authority Communications in Turlock California then The Golden Eagles which we moved to Catoosa, Oklahoma in 1979 and the Hurricanes which I bought out from a company in Texas in 1979. Later I built all of the Mark I amps for Bill McCarty--the Silver Fox--from Ft. Worth Texas--then the Predator amps and the Fox amps for him and the first 1,000 Predator 10K antennas which were simply my Viper antennas with his name on them.

Anyway, Rob, tell me what you want me to validate and I will do so!:confused::confused::confused:

Thank you BOB85,

I will Google your meter.

I hate it when I say that I am through with a post and then notice something else that I should address.

"I know very little about this topic, but I do know when direct questions and comments are being asked and avoided."

It is apparant that you do NOT know what you claim to know about questions being avoided. I haven't done that even once in this thread!

If you believe so, then show me what and where you asked me something and how you think that I side-stepped it and I will jump all over getting you answered!:confused:

Can someone tell me how to start a new thread about a different subject?
I am not sure?? I am new to this forum. Its a bit different then CB talk.

I want to tell you cbdoctor that your MOD has worked wonderful for me. I have installed it in MANY Galaxy type radios. I have never had anyone say they didnt like it or someone say it sounds bad. I have taken the top gun mod's out of radios and installed yours with nothing but compliments on how it sounded better. I am no AM expert tech or anything of the sort, just a guy with an electro-mech back ground. I have never tried a MOD that worked better then this one does!!!! I want to thank you for this information you provided to the CB community years ago. Anyway MR. Ward I just wanted to let you know I appreciate your info. Also, do you have a MOD for the RCI2995DX yet????
Thanks Kerry

CBDoctor mentioned Bill Good...well those pictures were taken in Bill Good's shop with his partners and a tech that worked with as the ones that were setting up the demonstration. Many or most of their comments from this thread have been lost. CBDoctor seems to think that I am the one that proclaimed myself an expert on this topic, when in reality the article that I originally wrote was done more like a reporter covering a news story. The original techs' comments, sources and materials, as well as other technicians' comments were all there...but much was lost. I never claimed to be an expert on this subject, but I was attempting to cover it and start a discussion.

Direct questions have been asked repeatedly of CBDoctor, attempting to learn more about this mod. The "creator" of the mod has refused to answer quasi-technical and some very technical questions on this subject and instead seems to feel that the questions being asked are personal attacks on his integrity. How unfortunate. This thread has turned into a flame war with no new useful information being provided.

Time to retire the thread.

Reactions: freecell
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.