• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS ????

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
It's in mint condition whatever it is ? ....IM guessing Ham radio stuff here ? Could somebody tell me what is ? what it's for ? and does it have any value at all ? if so ? How much ? Thanks

im0011177da.jpg

It's a VLF Converter, just like it says. Takes a VLF signal input from a suitable antenna (from 10 to 500 KHz) and "converts" it into an output that's tuneable on a standard receiver that can cover 3.5 to 4.0 MHz (the 75/80 meter ham band).

Since most receivers can cover 500 KHz and a bit lower, depending on the manufacturer, this converter might not have a wide market. I'm sure there are some VLF aficionados out there who might like to get hold of this.

Oh - "VLF" = Very Low Frequency

There is some hobby "lowfer" activity down in that apectrum and hams are known to do this sort of stuff but its not ham band.

Do a google search on vlf and see what comes up. I'm not able to give any more info than that.

Hey Beetle !! Same guy from 1 Stop who helped me out with that shortwave radio that time and those caps for noise suppression ? Good to hear from you dude !! ....Man !! Can always count on your knowledge dude !! Good to see you out here on this one. Happy Holidays Beetle !!! Thanks for the info on that gizmo (you too B-Kid) ,maybe I'll just throw it out on Ebay for a couple of bucks . Good to see yah and welcome to this one Beetle !! Switch Kit

Switch Kit

Unfortunately that thing is WORTHLESS, NOT EVEN WORTH A PENNY,

IN FACT, so you don't clutter your trash can with it you should ship it FREE OF CHARGE TO ME! :LOL:

I will deal with it accordingly :D 8)

I just dont want you to mess up your garbage can ;)

someday he will be able to say that he has forgotten more than you will ever know, but not quiet yet...

And he is a CW master

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.