• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What trees can do to you........

snoope

Apr 6, 2005
I think we have our 1st Magnum problem...but it is a big one :shock: ....

Driver has no problem hearing us on his S-9..but when trying to talk we can't hear him....change mikes and still same problem......Goes over his set-up at break time and finds passenger side spring and Wilson 2000 have broken..not completely off but enough that his rx/tx light is blinking all "Funky" colors.Now the "Light" comes on and he realizes that light has been changing colors the last few days :roll: :roll: ........

My question being ,did he "FRY" something internally and should he just "pack it up" and send it out OR trust the "locals" to R&R a $400 radio??

The mount and spring have been replaced (antenna seemed fine) and his old 3300 Connex works fine.......Need less to say when this weather breaks I will be checking my mounts from "fit to finish"..that is a lousy way to "FRY" a radio... ;)

Snoope back quiet

W1R3T4P said:
Finals are likely cooked :(

I agree ! Quickest way to fry them is a major short in the antenna system , especially if it's a 2 x 2290 radio )-: IM guessing he's looking at a rather LARGE repair job , damned transistors ain't cheap !! but the labor could be even worse. If he has a manufacturer warrenty that might be the best way to go......but I can't honestly answer that for sure ? I've "heard" good testamonials about R&R over the years , but we also have some very good tech's in these parts as well . He might want to shop around. DTB & Justin have a lot to say about those radios around here and they both have very good reputations for there work. Flip a coin. Good luck to your buddy.

Thanks for the "Bad news" ;) ;) .....I prepared him for that.......Good thing is he purchased the radio from Bobs......They are working on warranty details ...So maybe not a big $$ sting after all.

Snoope back quiet

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.