• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what uniden grant do i have???

trailrider

Jul 22, 2012
after reading some posts on here about the president grant/ uniden grant i got to looking at mine. it is not the uniden lx or lt grant. it says uniden grant on the radio' but it looks like the president grant model. what gives???

There's (technically) 5 "versions" of the Grant radio. The original was the President Grant, which had the D858 chassis in it. The 2nd gen. President Grant had the MB8719 chassis in it, but looks like the original President Grant, except it has 4 buttons on the front instead of 3. The 3rd gen. Grant is the Uniden Grant, but it looks like the President Grant. The 4th gen. Grant is the Grant XL and finally, the 5th gen. Grant (which is really just a fancy version of the Grant XL) is the Grant LT(W). The 2nd thru 5th versions all have different revisions of the same MB8719 chassis.

Sounds like you have the "3rd gen" Grant.

~Cheers~

after looking again yes i believe it is the 3rd generation grant. this has been a great radio for many trouble free years. i only took it out of my truck because the meter quit working in it. other than that it still works fine. what is the good or bad about the 3rd generation grants opposed to the other models.

Nothing wrong with those radios. Most of that generation of Grants are made in the Phillipines, which is the most desirable board to have for performance and reliability. Keep it, you have a gem!

~Cheers~

Nothing wrong with those radios. Most of that generation of Grants are made in the Phillipines, which is the most desirable board to have for performance and reliability. Keep it, you have a gem!

~Cheers~

heck no!!!! that thing is pure junk, the trash man wouldn't take it to the dump!!....... i will be over soon to take that burden off of your hands. :D

Reactions: walterjn
after reading some posts on here about the president grant/ uniden grant i got to looking at mine. it is not the uniden lx or lt grant. it says uniden grant on the radio' but it looks like the president grant model. what gives???[/QUOTeive been trusckin 15yrs and just here in tha last 6mths started researching radios instead of payin somebody for work that never seems to work.:headbang
from what ive found out there are several versions of the grant but to be honest everything i hear is keep it,fix it,the go play in da air waves. ive got major issues with my grant xl but even in this mess im impressed with tha recieve.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio