• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What was your personal best deals on Ebay for a CB/Export radio?

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
2002 I found a NOS Phillipine Cobra 148 GTL which was misspelled throughout the listing.
It was listed as a Cobra 147 GTR but I found it nevertheless.
Starting bid of $80 and I won it. Perfect shape, even the box.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 I won a NOS Uniden Grant XL which was ending in 4 hours so I made the starting bid of $100. Shortly after I made the bid, Ebay went down for 6 hrs of site maintenance. $115 including shipping and the radio was perfect!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
###########Just for laughs and giggles##############
Early 2013 when the NRA started their nutty conspiracy theories after Newtown, I had 3 brand new Ruger BX-25 25 round magazines which I bought for my 10/22 rifle in late 2011 which I never used. Paid $30 a piece for them and I auctioned them on Ebay with no reserve.....ended up fetching $305 for them when the panic was at a fever pitch. The fees didn't hurt at all too! Ebay banned the sale of magazines over 10 rds shortly thereafter.

Last edited:

I won a Fatboy 5-pill on one auction that had not a single description that was correct, just a picture and a statement that what was in the picture was being sold...paid $40ish dollars shipped, it was practically new. The eBay police missed it I guess. I sold that in a completely unforeseen circumstance to a guy in Texas for $300.

I won a Grant XL that was NOS, paid $50ish shipped...still have it.

I won a PC76XL that was NOS, paid $50ish shipped...still use it daily.

I sold some NOS seat covers, probably 1950s vintage, that were given to me...between the fifteen or so of them I received, I ended up getting nearly $300 a piece out of them.

Ahh, those were the days...I dropped my eBay and PayPal accounts after they started screwing the seller. They burnt me once for $15 on a sale where I was screwed by the buyer, dropped them like a bad habit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.