• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

what would you do to improve this antenna?

nfsus

Yeah its turned off, touch it
May 9, 2011
Arkansas
Screenshot (3).png

didnt know it would load a whole dam window of picture. its an off center fed 90'\45', with a 4:1 current balun 15 feet off the ground.

ive measured it at 3 different heights. 15, 25, 35 ft and tried changing the degree between the two elements. makes very little difference. cutting would be next. although i hate to cut it at this point. looks ok to me i suppose

NEVER CUT ...just fold it back...remember you have ratio hr on length...so fold a foot back on the 90 side ...6 inches on the 45 side...compare readings.
Also if V or Horz... how ever is final resting place is where?...tune it thr...make changes ...BACK UP Same location...Compare...
GL

Better/worse than needed?

Remember to LOWER frequency ...ADD length
Raise to higher frequency...shorten!!

Tried another one at a friends house. Same measurements. Same balun. Different wire. Didnt work out near as well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?