• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's your best 3 mobile antennas?

Groundhog KSS-2012

Sep 8, 2019
Ok all. What's your best/favorite 3 mobile antennas?
I'll start.

1. 102" SS Whip
2. Sirio Performer 5000
3. 63" Almighty Antennas AA-700

I've had better local and skip contacts with these 3 than any others in my collection.
Runner ups are the 7' Skip Shooter and 5' Wilson Silver Load, also the Browning BR-28 with the round coil, not flat.
I don't own a Predator 10k so I personally can't comment on that antenna.
(I guess I should have posted this under 'antennas', anyway.

Last edited:

I suppose the Francis triple quarter wave is impossible to get, or find, these days huh?
10 and 11 meters I forgot to add that.
Yes they are impossible to find now.
Around 2005 I called around the US looking for them.
I found a music shop in North Carolina that sold CB radios and antennas.
They had 2 CB-50 antennas in stock, I bought both of them.
He put them in a 10 foot stick of pvc pipe and shipped them to me.
That was the last new ones I could find.

Jeff

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
All Around - GR45 - Kills any other mobile antenna in Skip land and horizontally; holds it's own vertically
Toughest - 102" on HD mount center of roof (no spring) with inductor to ground to get X=0
Broadest bandwidth - Dual Coil P10K
Best Factory Mag mount - Stryker SR-A10MM/Wilson 5000 w/ RG400 coax

All installs using custom built CMC choke at antenna feed point.

Last edited:
102" stainless is the best, just hard to get mounted where they need to be on some vehicles...
Currently running a Monkey Made MM9 with a breedlove mount. It is mounted on 1/8" steel that the bed is made of at the same height as the roof; if it were on the roof.
It is not tuned as low as possible, because I haven't had the extra disposable $$ for the coax I want, and getting my amp fixed yet... I'll get there...

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.