• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

when did the FCC

Whiplash-265

Aug 14, 2011
Ontario, Canada
start issuing advertising lic for the AM40 in the US?
CH19 Upper NY state...both a CB shop and a Truck servicing biz are on there everyday pimpin' their shyt
i believe i've heard a cb shop out of Cali a couple of times too (who will actually qsy)

It's not legal, there's just no enforcement of the law. I travel a lot, and just about every town has a truck wash/cb shop on the air selling and blah blah blahing about washes, polishing aluminum, hopping up CB's, or selling bootleg DVD's out of a van in the back parking lot. Get in while ya fit in at the 472 exit! :laugh:

RT307

They have not, in fact it is against the rules, but it happens all the time anyway.
When the band is open I often hear guys advertising "trips" across the border into Mexico for drivers in the TX/NM/AZ area.
And there used to be a couple of guys, Cadillac Man and his side kick doing that every weekend during the last cycle.
Not un-common at all.

Jeff

because the rules are not enforced they do as they please. it has really gotten worse. i live 20 miles from the nearest truck stop but they are running so much power i can not hear my friends on the radio that live within 4 miles of me.:blink:

Reactions: 1 person
not always but often...... lol the loins den...... i didn't think about it till you mentioned though lol:LOL:

Yep....I used to go out to the local truck stop/cb shop to have my CBs worked on....the owner a few times would have to make the lot lizards leave me alone....ha ha :D

It's never been legal to advertise your business over the radio but....

...as posted it happens all the time because Uncle Charlie quit enforcing the rules.

In Indianapolis, the truck stop CB shop at exit 4 on I-465 has been known to advertise their peaked and tuned Connex and Galaxy radios. In Concordia MO, on I-70 and 23, there used to be some chick advertising at the triple A truck wash on a Stonewall Jackson base that you could hear for 18 miles easy when skip wasn't rolling, and even further when skip was rolling.

Those are cops you hear on 19 at the truck stops in West Memphis. Trying to lure someone into buying something and then giving free room and board.

Reactions: 1 person
Those are cops you hear on 19 at the truck stops in West Memphis. Trying to lure someone into buying something and then giving free room and board.

(y) I believe that. This happens all the time around Oklahoma City but i am glad that the CB shops are running low power so i can't hear them till i get close to the truck stop.

There's a little BBQ joint advertising on 19 by me. Drives me nuts! They first started out asking for a "break channel" and when someone responded they would advertise there "specials." I didn't mind that at all.
Now they don't listen / monitor the radio first and just start announcing their menu even if some one else was all ready transmitting on the channel. Now they'll do it several times within a 15 minute span. I recorded them one time and thought about filing a complaint but never fell through with it. I've since discovered some locals, on another channel to listen and talk to.

There's a little BBQ joint advertising on 19 by me. Drives me nuts! They first started out asking for a "break channel" and when someone responded they would advertise there "specials." I didn't mind that at all.
Now they don't listen / monitor the radio first and just start announcing their menu even if some one else was all ready transmitting on the channel. Now they'll do it several times within a 15 minute span. I recorded them one time and thought about filing a complaint but never fell through with it. I've since discovered some locals, on another channel to listen and talk to.

your not near little rock are you?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.