• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

when did the FCC

i would welcome that, hell i have to text someone to get a god damn radio check or if i want to talk to. the few people still on i paid for there base radio and antenna so i would have someone to talk to.

i would welcome that, hell i have to text someone to get a god damn radio check or if i want to talk to. the few people still on i paid for there base radio and antenna so i would have someone to talk to.

I get emails letting me know where the crowd is on 40/75/80.

2 meters is the lifeblood around here. You basically have to bribe any of them away.

They probably have a recording. Just key your mic and tell everyone that the BBQ sucks.
Nope not a recording. Got in my truck today and I heard as soon as I turned it on. Then about two more times before I got to the interstate (about five minutes).
Some time back someone got on there and said something about their food and the owner getting arrested. Don't know if it was true or not. I have tried to key up and drown it out before and today I thought about sneaking put there and cutting their coax. But I don't fill like having to explain to state about a criminal trespass, damage to property charge. :D
I've noticed lately their signal is getting worse and it's having a hard time cutting through the regular background noise and I'm only about 5 -6 miles from them.
your not near little rock are you?

Nope, Down here in GA. :D

"The best BBQ in the WHOLE WIDE world!" "Today's specials are BBQ ribs, pulled pork, chitlins and rice...." Over and over and over...:headbang

I get emails letting me know where the crowd is on 40/75/80.

2 meters is the lifeblood around here. You basically have to bribe any of them away.

i cannot get my 2m on the repeater for the life of me, threes supposed to be one right next to me but it never seems like its on. threes the main one that's linked 15 miles away but im to far for the mobile to activate it. the radio is a kenwood tm271a so it should have plenty of power to do it (60w) the antenna is defiantly wrong though.

i cannot get my 2m on the repeater for the life of me, threes supposed to be one right next to me but it never seems like its on. threes the main one that's linked 15 miles away but im to far for the mobile to activate it. the radio is a kenwood tm271a so it should have plenty of power to do it (60w) the antenna is defiantly wrong though.

Do you have the correct PL tones or proper offset to the repeater? I appear to have some issue with one of the local repeaters down my way. The main repeater doesn't appear to activate until I release the PTT on both my HT and my mobile. I tried monitoring it with one and then the other to hear how the signal was but never could hear any audio. But as soon as I released the PTT the repeater would break squelch and transmit the repeater's ID tones etc. The other repeater worked like I expected and I could hear my voice on the other radio.

ya 103.5 tone, offset -600. I'm thinking its down. being a mile or two.away.from it I should be 30 over 9. its only 6 s-units when it activates. the problem is both repeaters ( the local and the other 15 miles away) both transmit on 146.940. the close one is tone of 103.5 and the other is ctcss 103.5. verified by using the tone search on my kenwood.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.