• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

when you need to shoot from home to another area code

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
by the time you get optics,ammo and reloader n supplys id say $15000.
ive shot a
single shot barrett n WOW total knockdown power WAAAAAAAAY OUT THERE
this 1 is a 5 round rifle
IMG-5180.JPG
IMG-5179.JPG
IMG-5178.JPG

There’s an aesthetic at work highly admirable.

I’m more from the school of one rifle to do everything (the challenge is to the shooter to overcome handicaps).

Ultra-reliable action plus ballistically-efficient cartridge. As continuous fire is a requirement, Col Coopers Scout falls away, as a heavy barrel is necessary, etc.

Have to be able to carry it afield is where objections from others begins. Weight of a Garand with 20-round magazine and modern optic (a la M14) hits 14-lbs fairly quickly.

But a cartridge less than 30.06 or 7.62x51 isn’t suitable for the full range of game in NA. Nor can men sustain fire with a larger round. It’s a sweet spot on the tables. (Availability — in quantity — is a prerequisite).

800-yards is at the higher end, 600 more likely, and under 400 best choice. (7.62x51 delivers same energy at 400-yards that 5.56 delivers at muzzle).

Accuracy matters. (Thus, the awe at placing rounds on target at a mile or more).

I could imagine we’d all like to have a class to train for those long-distances in order to try the Barrett. Given we’d already on our own worked the range card of 30-cal bullet drop, wind, etc, over time with our field-ready rifle as prelude to class. (We were already “good”).

When coriolis is an additional distance factor there’s no question, then, of why a bolt or semi-auto .50 is awesome.

But count me out from wishing to be competitive with a Barrett. It’s not only hearing damage which does occur, it’s also detached retinas and other more subtle damage from firing a .50 that a man-portable rifle entails.

Naw,
I’d rather gradj-erate UP to the next class: firing a 25-mm Bushmaster from a Bradley. AP & HE rounds: which & when?

$15k to get in the door is relevant only to what was expended to be considered for the class in the first place? No matter the price of a weekend course, that money may have already been spent. To some degree it was the learning curve. Call it overall proficiency with small arms.

Understanding THE PLACE (the range) a .50-cal becomes suitable would be the valuable part of the lessons. (Information + Experience = Knowledge). In same manner, at 50-yards and given THIS small arm you already knew: how to solve the problem.

Practicality (not brag rights) is the thing, IMO. That maybe you did it with a .50 should be saved for last in a story designed to elicit laughter.

Last edited:
My soon to be ex-wife had the best commit I had ever heard on the Barrett, I will give her credit for this one. We were at a gun store in Washington, PA. A customer asked the man behind the counter- "Why would anyone want one of those?" She quickly cut in and commented, "If you want to shoot a deer two miles away and it is hiding behind a school bus."

My soon to be ex-wife had the best commit I had ever heard on the Barrett, I will give her credit for this one. We were at a gun store in Washington, PA. A customer asked the man behind the counter- "Why would anyone want one of those?" She quickly cut in and commented, "If you want to shoot a deer two miles away and it is hiding behind a school bus."
why are you letting her go? sounds like she knows her way around a firearm

Reactions: secret squirrel
why are you letting her go? sounds like she knows her way around a firearm

I fell for it, I just blame myself. She turned out to be one of those women that are totally fake. She pretended to be your best friend, liked, or tried everything you liked. Then years later she just can't keep up the act and becomes someone you do not even know. When we got married she wanted to stay at home and be a mom. She went to college and finished her bachelor's, then started grad school and turned into someone I do not know. Now she is living with a guy that keeps house for her and she works full time. I sum it all up in that of course voted for Trump and She would support Biden.

Reactions: 144inBama and Rwb
I fell for it, I just blame myself. She turned out to be one of those women that are totally fake. She pretended to be your best friend, liked, or tried everything you liked. Then years later she just can't keep up the act and becomes someone you do not even know. When we got married she wanted to stay at home and be a mom. She went to college and finished her bachelor's, then started grad school and turned into someone I do not know. Now she is living with a guy that keeps house for her and she works full time. I sum it all up in that of course voted for Trump and She would support Biden.
eww not good at all.knew a few also.glad i just corted em

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated