• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where is everyone ?

Interesting you brought this up. I just got back from vacation. We drove from MI to Avon, NC, about 1000 miles each way. Except for the truckers I didn't see even one CB or ham radio antenna on a vehicle except mine of course. There was almost zero chatter channel 19 except for the occasional radio check. I think the cell phone has taken over.

I haven't seen a ham radio antenna on a car or truck in months. I RARELY hear a trucker talking on 19 or any other channel for that matter. If I do hear a trucker it's usually a dump truck and after 2 miles they fade down to nothing.
If my radio is bleeding a few channels and no one is out there, am I still bleeding??? LOL

around here if you ask about whats ahead most of the time you get a smart aleck that will just make you want to shut radio off,, no such thing as a helpful trucker it seems,,,,, warned once of a young girl texting and swerving at 70 miles an hour and got a driver asking me why ir was any of my business,,, ending up shutting radio off till i thought i was away up road he was just pure mean and abusive ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i see a lot of antennas on pickups around but that is usually mudders or hunters,, never on unless they are in their sports area........

Some times people listen and don't talk ,if you try you can get them talking. Make an announcement you have 10 50" TV @ 50.00 each and someone will pick up the mic. I have the same thing here. Good thing there are a good bunch of. Locals

I drove Interstate 70 today between Columbus and Zanesville, OH. Very busy and chatty. If I lived along that corridor, I'd likely have tons of truckers to talk to.

But that'd get old real quick.

My wife's family is from Zanesville and surroundings.

What is up with AM traffic ???
Just got back from 7 days in ST. Augustine FL and monitored CB down & back during daytime. I heard little to no chatter @ all, not even truckers, what has happened!!!!!!!!!!

tripple nickel
the skip is booming here in NC just hit whales/new mexico and wyoming on 11 and fb

I have read on a few trucking forums, that today's new breed of truck drivers, do not even run a CB in their truck. That may explain part of the reason why channel 19 is quiet.

Another reason is some are tired of the non sense on CB, are tired of the skip chatter (they're not hobbyists like you an I are, and only see the CB as a "tool")

Plus some of the trucks today are fiberglass, so there goes your ground plane.

I just recently moved from MO to NC and same thing, most of the CB was dead quiet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.