• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where should I buy a magnum S45 from ???

curlyjo

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Southern Calidornia
Hi. I am thinking of getting rid of my AM only Galaxy 33&66 radios and getting a S45 because of the features. Especially for the SSB. I am running a Ranger Freedom One TR 696 FD1 with a Turner Plus 3 Mic for a base and I really like it. My radio has a Lesscom channel exspander board for all those extra channels I like to hang out at. I get good reports from DX all the time. I am thinking of up grading. I am open for thoughts and susgestions ? I would like a vender with a good rep. for.price and service. 73'S from Whisky Hotel 490

Where ever you can find one, they always seem to be in short supply. Bob's cb would be a good place to start. After that check with DTB radio.

The magnum S45 I think is out of production It's now the S45HP with RFX-75 . Very nice radio if you can get one. I bought mine from Sparky's CB shack when the got there last batch in November 2011 I don't think they lasted long. Great radio comes with a power mic now. If you can find one get a light tune, If the shop Maxes it out I here they have problems. Plus I wanted to keep the neighbors Happy and not bleed The guy up the street who also has a CB radio.

Thanks for the tip ! I was also. Eyeballing a reconditioned Galaxy 949 or 979. Bye the time I spend the money to set one of the Galaxy's ; I could get a S45.

The Magnum Omega Force SP45 or even The First Delta Force series will be a better SSB radio than the Galaxy series. JMO. The Galaxy's I had ( Even a 99 ) Drifted on SSB. And Please I did not state this opinion to argue with Galaxy Owners, I am just stating my facts on what I encountered with the Galaxy Radios.

Thanks for the feed back ! I do admit that I.am GALAXY fan. I owned three AM only one's. I just whould like a radio that is microprocessor controld to stay on frequency. My Ranger radio takes ten to fifteen minutes to stablelize to stay on frequency.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.