• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where to look first

Ocean cruiser

May 20, 2019
Hello, I have another PC244 that I’m working on. This radio turns on and receives but when keyed there’s no power output and the S meter has no reading. PA works fine. Where should I focus on first? Thanks

Hello again, after testing the final (2sc2312) is ok. The driver (2sc2166) is reading wrong and so is the Mod transistor TR44 (2sa1012). Anyone know where i could find the 2166 & 1012? Or maybe an equivalent that i could replace them with. Let me know...Thank you

The final and driver can be had at 'RF Parts' online.
The AM Regulator ('1012') can be subbed for a better part, since the stock part is a little anemic anyway.
Look online for an equivalency; as I can't remember ATM.
Or someone else can chime in with that answer.

Last edited:
The final and driver can be had at 'RF Parts' online.
The AM regulator can be subbed for a better part, since the stock part is a little anemic anyway.
Look online for an equivalency; as I can't remember ATM.
Or someone else can chime in with that answer.
Thanks Rob, I ordered the driver but they’re out of stock on the 2312 finals

First thanks for all your help. I got the radio up and running. Radio checks says radio and audio sounds good but after checking radio over I noticed the back of the radio is getting hot. Near the plug area. What could be causing this? Please let me know what you all think. Thanks again

Reactions: Tokin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.