• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Where'd the skip go?

Not sure what your talking about...I'm still getting plenty of skip!

Just all of it must be from South of the Boarder, since all I'm hearing is in Spanish...:whistle:

Channel 9 has been booming with taco-talk...:D:pop:

W. Tn. DX

Have to agree w/Jesse, I'm just outside Mphs. w/my sideband going & I'm hearing people from virtually every point of the compass (0900 CDT).

Must admit it's been a pleasure on a couple courier trips to La. (retired, part-time courier) this week to not hear all the crap when I'm on 19 for road info. But, all in all, I've heard skip every week this month, just not as heavy as usual.

In the last month there has been a lot of skip here in Michigan.
Yesterday morning however it was real clear around here, i was able to heir and talk to some base station about 40 miles away from my pickup truck.

Been fairly quiet on the west coast this summer which is fairly normal. For summer it usually becomes more N-S (Washington to Cali) and then it will swing back around to better W-E after summer.

Had Hawaii on the West coast last night.

You are right. It was me. The hole I started digging for the new tower sucked all the DX right out of the sky the minute it detected that I might have a chance of working some in the not too distant future. :cry:

Looks like you're in for a bought of rain in the not so distant future so if you're gonna open that hole it might cause a drought for the rest of the area.

happy diggin, still say backhoes are cheap unless you're a die hard

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.