• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which HF rigs implement CESSB?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002

So far my search as turned up FlexRadio as the only other brand with this feature. I found an older article that mentioned Apache Labs may be implementing it, but I couldn't find anything on their site.

For the uninitiated, this method of compression can add better than 2db to your ssb signal, which is significant!

I just found out that Apache also has CESSB capabilities. Wayne announced this week that the implementation of CESSB in the K4 is complete and will be in the next firmware beta release. They've said that their testing indicates up to 8db average power increase with CESSB enabled! Of course operator discretion will be important to ensure the audio quality is still there if you turn it up that much.

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated