• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which ldg tuner

Would be best for a yeasu ft 757gxII. Thanks in advance.

Since you didn't list any particular requirements...IMO all the LDG tuners are well made and any will work with literally any HF rig. Just buy the one that suits your power handling requirements. I have the AT 600 pro.

I agree, as long as the tuner you pick will handle the output of your radio you should be fine.
I am running a LDG AT-200Pro with my FT-897D and it works fine, I did chose the 200 over the 100 just to give it a little headroom on power handling.
Never had a problem with it running base or in the mobile.
If you plan on running an Amplifier just pick the one that meets or exceeds the output of the amp.

LDG even has a nice chart to show you all of the tuners and features so you can compare them with your requirements.

http://www.ldgelectronics.com/assets/documents/LDGComparison.pdf

Jeff

Attachments

• LDGComparison.pdf
    10.2 KB · Views: 169
I am not familiar with that radio, but it may have a tune button that will allow you to initiate a tuning cycle on the LDG tuner. If so, then you'll need to purchase an Yaesu interface cable. They use to be included, but not anymore. The tuner needs 12 volts to operate and should come with a power lead to hook to your power supply, or you could scrounge up a wall wart that has proper output. It uses a 2.5x5.5mm plug. The AT-100 Pro II requires 500 mA.

The cable is nice, but is not absolutely necessary to operate the tuner.

Last edited:
I do not have a problem with LDG ...they have been around a good while.
I can not get past the "Automatic" tuners....
Still and always will most likely stay with manual. I guess I still remember the early versions that took out a bunch of rigs and finals because the software does the tuning...
One little thing gets out of spec....Hello FIZZZZZ!
Tuner and rig BOTH sometimes...
To each his own....
Check out my tuner purchase(another post)...see what I prefer.
All the Best
BJ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.