• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

which would you get?

bluestallion

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 13, 2008
Not sure if want to get a radio i found that has am and ssb, or a radio that covers 10 and 11 meter. I have my technican license, so could use the 10 meter some. but dont know if thatd be worth more than ssb. Not sure how busy ssb is in my area (southern Indiana) What would you guys do??:confused: both radios are close in price

I agree and then when you get into ypour General license you will have the 12 meters to use on the RCI DX models

You passed the tech, Gen is almost as easy.

Go to QRZ.com and take the practice tests. In short time you will be able to pass your test and get an entry level HF rig.

You can get a nice used HF rig for less than a new RCI. For a general coverage HF rig, I recommend a Kenwood TS430. A great old rig that has very good RX and can be had on ebay for less than 300$. Mine went for about 260$ with all band TX and some good mods. I was sad to see it go.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.