• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

whining sound on my cobra 148 nw st plus other radio's i had

megatron

Aug 18, 2008
Cincinnati
there's a whining sound i heard in my radio... i even heard it on my other cobra radio
and my general ap hill, i hear the normal static along with it

nothing wrong with the radio most likely. some high end radios have auto notches and beat cancels and manual notches that could deal with it, so put up with it or trade up i guess.

If he got the same noise on other radios at the same location; then the radio is not at fault.
Probably noise created locally by neighbors appliances, digital noise, power supply, or overhead power wires.

robb is right.. we use to hear cb radio over our tv didn't last long since
people have digital tv can they still hear me or any others that drive past on colerain

I am getting a noise here in Oklahoma on some days like what you are getting. has about a 3 noise level. I can drive about 10 miles from my home and it goes away also. it is not at my home every day. just once in a while do I get this. just started a couple weeks ago for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.