• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whip Adjuster

What wizardry is that? That’s fairly interesting but is it really necessary? I can see where this would have came in handy a few weeks ago with a whip that seemed to be too short.

Reactions: Tallman
What wizardry is that? That’s fairly interesting but is it really necessary? I can see where this would have came in handy a few weeks ago with a whip that seemed to be too short.

Probably not necessary for most people. Handy for setting up phased antennas or a 1 hot with a reflector on a suburban. A guy on the md forum used to make these years ago. They were hard to find when he stopped. The guy that makes them now does nice work.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Well it looks interesting for tuning the non-tunable 102” whip. But... always a but... you run that on a hunting truck and without a spring and you’ll likely break something. I have guys that run 102’s without springs and they break mounts often. I’ve tried to convince them the antenna would tune better with the spring but they claim to break windshields with springs.

I ask if they’ve ever heard of tennis balls.

If I could get those at a better price, I could sell them fairly quickly. But for the average, hard headed and uninformed user - it looks like trouble.

Well it helps bounce that antenna off the cab and stops busted windshields. I guess slowing down in the woods isn’t an option? I don’t know cause I don’t hunt in the woods, I hunt in the meat counter at Food Lion.

Yea like that idiot that ran for office in GA I believe it was, said they didn’t need farming because they could get their food at the grocery store. What a total idiot, a stupid moron. Where does she think that food comes from? Must make it there like the idiot that wrote that believes...amazing.

And I say stupid stuff sometimes, mostly attempting to be funny, least I know where my food comes from.

Did you know that at 3:30am you can’t get a cheeseburger from McDonalds? Ticked me off, I don’t eat that nasty breakfast crap they sell, the normal nasty food is bad enough.

And blamed "THE GOP" for her demise.

SIGH. Not unlike the "Food chain" graphic, and the Food Pyramid and the "Nutritional Facts"

Anything else they would like to kill us on?

Sith, you didn't know that Mc D's is only breakfast 24-Hours a day? It's not the dinner menu.

Learned that and saved money by just using the Diner counter at the Truck Stop - got a full stack of pancakes and a coffee for about 1/2 the price of the Arches; and their catharsis...

They serve burgers up until about 2am I think or something close to it.

I don’t like their breakfast food, don’t really like anything they have but I was hungry. Those sponge biscuits and tasteless eggs don’t cut it for me. We don’t have a truck stop around here, we do good to have the one stoplight we have here in Craphole USA.

To get close to a real truck stop, I’d have to drive to Kenly which is way too far for a burger or anything else, especially at 3:30am. I’m not even sure they’d be selling food at that time of morning.

I now agree with what Rob Base said about the Big Mac but the BK here isn’t open 24hrs either.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.