• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

white noise fix for RCI 29xx radios ??

B

BOOTY MONSTER

how does one go about fixing the white noise issue on the rci 29xx series of radios ?
is it the same for all 29xx radios since the main differences between them is in power output and case size/style ?

As I recall step one is a correct alignment, next would be a receive mod from a good tech. I think thats just the way the cpu controlled Rangers are though to some degree. It can be reduced though.

" Yeah turn your receive down so you dont hear it.Buy an HF rig and never look back "
Not everyone can spend 700-1000 dollars on a ham rig so they can talk on cb frequencys. For the money RCI makes a decent radio.

What is a HF rig !! ??

Google Image Result for http://www.rigpix.com/icom/ic736.jpg

HF rig.....just one of many

Most HF rigs are ham radios that cover 1.8 mhz to 30 mhz and transmit on the ham bands only (unless modded) and usually have 100 watts of output(some have more but 100 watts is the normal) and will transmit in AM,SSB,FM and digital modes

The above link is to a HF rig that I am looking at buying in the next week or so...Kenwood,Yeasu,Icom,Alinco all make HF radios and all are very nice rigs to have,and depending on the model will cover most any band that you would want to cover

i posted this because some PM'ed me asking how to do it . i dont have a 29xx radio , but if i was gonna run a export its one of the few id consider . thanks for the replies .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.