• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who makes Workman meters and are they worth a hoot?

West Coast Wattage said:
I need to work on my comprehension skills.

Sorry.

Radio Shack VHF/UHF Meter.

940-0594.jpg

Maybe so, but that is still a nice inexpensive alternative for guys that cant afford those high dollar jobs.

I have a few of those Radio Shack / Micronta meters they are pretty accurate I did a pep mod adding an elctrolitic capacitor that shows the swing on the pep setting maybe the new ones are a little more forgiving now but the ones I have were great on average output readings but pep settings didnt seem right so I did the mod and also did it to my digital radio shack meter that also is pretty accurate. They are well worth the money easy to use and the fact that they will take 2000 watts is nice and at around $30.00 pretty much cant be beat.

The guy who owns the cb shop in Syracuse N.Y. at the cannon truckstop is highly involved with workman.He either is the head tech guy or part owner, not sure but is definatly tied deeply to workman.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio