• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who ordered a Uniden 980?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Did anyone buy one yet ?
What's the length from front to back ? Can the annoying beep that chrips on button press be disabled? Is there a spot for verible power (for those who run linears)?

From what I found online the size is 7.25" wide, 7.5" deep, and 2.25" tall. I found one website that listed size in MM and the conversion to inches was .x" smaller than all above measurements. And I think the beep can be turned off. There's a video on YouTube that goes through all the digital functions.

and you will have to have a knowledgeable tech add a variable rf power out so you can adjust for external amp.

in reference to Vanilla Sky asking if there is a "spot" for variable power...I would have a knowleadgeable tech do it.

as these get out and people start tinkering with, then we should hopefully be able to find out more on the carrier adjust, ssb limit as well as tx frequency adjusts.

supposed to be rock solid stability though, and tuned good as well as being spot on right out of the box.

hope it's a good one.

turn the unit on/off 3 times swiftly while holding in the mem/scan button ,when unit powers up you hold in the cb/pa and the anl/nb buttons until you hear a beep ,then you hold the s/rf/cal button in while pressing the menu button twice .
the clarifier now turns into variable power.

didnt you know?

Reactions: 5 people
The guy that sad his was supposed to be in Monday hasn't replied yet.. Maybe hes giving it a thorough test.

The standard method for putting variable power in any radio is to find the pre-driver, lift one end of its bias resistor, then add a 2k pot between those open ends of that resistor. IIRC - that is what sp5it says he uses to do this mod. But doing this on a board that uses SMT parts like the 980; that is going to be just a little bit tricky to say the least . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
turn the unit on/off 3 times swiftly while holding in the mem/scan button ,when unit powers up you hold in the cb/pa and the anl/nb buttons until you hear a beep ,then you hold the s/rf/cal button in while pressing the menu button twice .
the clarifier now turns into variable power.

didnt you know?

Ahahahaha

★ Sent from my Droid★

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.