• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who wants to host an Echolink Net?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
We have quite a few members signed up already, so whaddya say we get this party started?

How about an echolink net? Can we get a volunteer to Net Control and coordinate a Net for the members?

I'm not currently on echolink, and as mentioned in our earlier conversation, my only exposure to it has been users on a local repeater that use it from their smart phones which has been less than impressive.

I was looking at different interfaces last night, but am not sure which way to go. Any suggestions to get on echolink with good audio? Rigblaster? Basic sound card interface? SignaLink?

Some experienced direction on the hardware involved would be a big help.

I'm not currently on echolink, and as mentioned in our earlier conversation, my only exposure to it has been users on a local repeater that use it from their smart phones which has been less than impressive.

I was looking at different interfaces last night, but am not sure which way to go. Any suggestions to get on echolink with good audio? Rigblaster? Basic sound card interface? SignaLink?

I'd just install the program on your PC and use your PC mic and speakers. Works well for me (and it's the only way for me since there's no node-linked repeater next to me).

If you're using a radio to get on echolink, you don't need a PC interface. You will just access a repeater using your radio like normal...you just punch in the echolink node you want to connect to using the DTMF function on your radio.

If you're using your PC to get on echolink then you're not using the radio. You just install the software and use a headset and mic with the PC.

You're confusing other digital modes (psk31, rtty, etc) that use both the PC and radio with echolink: two different animals.

Okay, downloaded the software (Download EchoLink) and am in the middle of the validation process. Once that goes through I guess i can decide between the radio & computer.

Thanks for the direction.

My member account should still be good, I haven't used it in a few years.
I need to get a mic for my computer, but that's easy.
Any particular nights or days?

Haven't used my echolink account in about a year, but I guess it's still good, I remember using it from my mini-laptop (netbook) but only a few times.... Hmmmm....

I haven't used EL in a long time Just reinstalled and the playback audio set up was a little more complicated with Win 7. Got it working though.

Logitech USB Headset/A-0374A

41VQ1SPSKGL._AA300_.jpg

Bought this set 2 yrs ago. Cost ~$30 back then. They worked fine when I tested EL this afternoon. Ready to roll now.

Was hoping that Mole would host this net . . .
Howabout it; y'all?

We have quite a few members signed up already, so whaddya say we get this party started?

How about an echolink net? Can we get a volunteer to Net Control and coordinate a Net for the members?

We are still in the middle of shifting house so I don't have my node setup however I do have the echolink APP on my iPhone so I can join in

My node number is 545765 on the iPhone, when I finally get a chance to play and set my ic706 node back up I will post that node number

I was kinda hoping that one of the new members would volunteer to act as Net Control. If not, I'm willing to do it. I can't do it later this week, but early next week is available.

Reactions: 1 person
I Will do my best but my time is limited, I do have a lot on my plate and can not really concentrate on getting my shack up and running till we get settled. Until then I can only use my iPhone app, I have not used it much so I don't know it's full functions however look me up VK2DXN and hook up/see if it will support more than two users. I will switch on Friday night @ 20:00 Sydney time. If any one has better suggestion for time please post. If you are searching via node number I have listed it in one of my last posts

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.