• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who's the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t elaborate farther. I have a tendency to get myself in trouble, here and at home.

I couldn’t take a cat in house. Nobody seems to want to clean up behind them from previous experiences. So they come home and the cat is outside. They bring the cat in, I take it right back outside. Looks from both sides. Cat stays outside.

Now my dog, she stays in a heated garage when it’s cold outside. If it’s really hot outside, she gets to come to stay in the shop. It’s air conditioned and heated. The dog, I don’t mind but the cat...he’s a trouble maker.

Well "Action Mike" I couldn't help but notice the word "Action" as part of your username? Now rather than sit here and wonder, I feel why not just make an Inquiry? I prefer to act like an adult :unsure: So where does the word "Action come from, meaning what are its roots?" You look like you might be an Italiano" But what I think is that you are of some sort of mixed "Blood line, NO OFFENCE INTENDED" I hope that you understand that, I live my life in such a way as to not insult anyone, I do this for two reasons. First and foremost I guess it has to do with the way I was raised, and if my father ever heard any of his children Insulting someone based on their race or Nationality. . . Well being that he was what many adults that came here during the "Great Migration" or some call it "The Great Immigration!" which occured right at the turn of the Century, In his case It was both my Mother & my Father, as well as my maternal Grandparents. They all migrated from Marsala Sicily to Brooklyn N.Y. I remember so many times that he told me many many times how he had to endure racial derogatory words like W.O.P. and guinea! Frankly It amazes me sometimes just how Ignorant some Americans are, the ones who say W.O.P. or Guinea "YET THEY HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE" at all where these words as well as many others, come from or what their real meaning is!! They are complete A holes. Words like WOP & Guinea are much Too Sophisticated and for that reason I don't dislike them. . . But I due pity them because I am La Siciliano!! So I realized that growing up and going through what my Father was subjected to that had to severely "Stigmatize him", so It was for that reason that God help you If you were either one of his Daughters or Sons and he was to overhear you utter any kind of racial slur, even if it was only meant In a Jockular fashion, he would say in his broken English. If I ever heara you saya someathing likea that again "I will Breaka My leg offa at my kneea cappa Ina you a_s!! I only remember getting a couple of beatings from my Pop! Because that's all you needed, after that If you LET'S say made a mistake, all my father had to do was to tip his head down, so he could see you over the top of his glasses, but really It was so you could see his eyes! He had what the Sicilian people call "The sicilian stare" And you knew without being told, Get up and get your a_s out of the room. Especially if it was dinner time and everyone was eating, It was so quiet that you could hear a mouse fart!! Not because of what someone did to piss off my Dad. It was just a Sicilian Culture rule! You never spoke a single word at the dinner table when food was being served or eaten! Only when my Father was finished eating his "Angel Hair Pasta &
Meatballs", and dessert was served, "Boom everyone was talking at the same time, reminded me of a tidal wave! But he was a good man, who just happened to have "the ways of the old country Within him" I miss him, dearly every day!!
As far as the movie clip that you posted I would like to take the opportunity of thanking you! I have seen the entire movie, and In my "HUMBLE" opinion Christopher Walken is and has been not just one of my favorite actors. . . . But he is much more than just an actor, you see? He is an entertainer, I say this because of his innate talent is so BROAD RANGED. Allow me to digress! Christopher Walken can play any character that you can think of. By this I mean any genre, comedy,drama, I could go on but why bother. If you've watched his movies, then you already know.There was a time when Hollywood had a plethora of actors like this! But that was a very long time ago and those days are gone forever! But we have them forever In Celluloid. Now I am a "Silver Screen" kind of guy, in that I like Film Noir, I can watch Jimmy Cagney endlessly, Imagine An Irishman Playing almost exclusively Gangster roles. Or One of the greatest of all time! Edward G. Robinson, And again always the Mobster, or at the very least the villain, And he is was Jew! I say go figure? Bogart was a great mob actor, But he was not Sicilian. I won't even mention Italian because it's a prevarication. Mr. Bogart, like myself were born into a privileged life, his father was one of the top Surgeons in N.Y. And he Insisted That Bogey followed in his footsteps and enter the Medical Profession? Well we all know how that worked out! And of course look at Walken?? He doesn't even come close to the image of a Sicilian, But all the movie company had to do is "DYE HIS HAIR PITCH BLACK" Dress him accordingly And he looks exactly as I once looked, Siciliano. The only thing that Mr. Walken left out of that scene, was the proper accent of a Don. Perhaps he was directed to not put on an accent, and not provided with a "Dialect Coach" as many actors in Hollywood are given a coach? Take James Caan Undeniably one of Hollywood's all time best Actors! And In the Godfather, which
Probably is to this day one of the most accurate depictions of La Cosa Nostra Or "This Thing Of Ours". . . . . Or "Our Thing" depending on who is doing the translating! But It's time now for mangiare, and some vino!! A quick Factoid: The GREAT!!! actor Al Pacino is Sicilian on both sides, both of his parent were born only 15 miles from my parent!!! Most of you guys don't even know that Al and I a very close friends, you could even say that we are goombas. . . . . And I'LL bet that none of you knew that we went to "Different Schools Together!" Lol :ROFLMAO:
I won’t elaborate farther. I have a tendency to get myself in trouble, here and at home.

I couldn’t take a cat in house. Nobody seems to want to clean up behind them from previous experiences. So they come home and the cat is outside. They bring the cat in, I take it right back outside. Looks from both sides. Cat stays outside.

Now my dog, she stays in a heated garage when it’s cold outside. If it’s really hot outside, she gets to come to stay in the shop. It’s air conditioned and heated. The dog, I don’t mind but the cat...he’s a trouble maker.

:cool:

Chopper my man, You just don't understand the way a cat's mind works. Then remember what happened in Europe, when they tried to eradicate the population, of cats that were living out in the streets. Well I don't think that I have to remind you. :)

Beside it's a well established fact. . . that OF most of the people that hate cats. . . . . . Do so because they find it intolerable to tolerate an animal "THAT IS SO INDEPENDENT, UNLIKE SLOBBERING DOGS THAT IMMEDIATELY DO WHAT THEIR TOLD TO!. . . . THEN THERE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT ADMIRE CATS FOR POSSESSING THE HIGHER "IQ" AND MAKE UP THEIR OWN MINDS AS TO WHAT THEY DECIDE TO DO? Lol
Sorry Chopper. . . . But there is an old sicilian saying
"The Truth When Crushed To Earth Shall Rise!". . . . However something seems to get lost in translation??

"...I got up to wash my face...
...When I come back to bed, someone's taken my place..."

Cats'? Bubonic comes to mind...
Well well well, So it would appear that "Handy Andy" knows his History. And Simon & Garfunkel, They were certainly right about one thing . . . she was a whore, as are MOST women, ***Notice I said most Women*** After all I have sisters and once I even had a Mom! But she and I, we never saw eye to eye?. . . She was taller than I!!

Now just relax, just offering a beacon to let those in this thread find some sort of direction...

Although there has been quite a sidebar - dealing with a guy called Habakkuk and his woes - comes to mind...

Although, Saint Cecilia was a Martyr from the 2nd Century - as a patron Saint for how she sang her heart out to the Lord - it's is commemorated in several Church Denominations on or about the 22nd of November .

So the item of the song - although dealing with a Whore. Was not always referenced as such - was forced to marry into a Noble line under the Valerian. It is unclear how this came to be but it is noted she herself did not approve of this so to absolve herself of any harm that during the Ceremony she sang alone away from the group. But to observe the consummation of the marriage, Valerian was told, instructed by her - not to violate her virginity. Because, she was watched over by an angel of the Lord - she promised to love him if she was respected - and to prove this Valerian had to travel Via Appia (an ancient Roman road) and be baptized whence her guardian would be revealed.

You know, it's ironic that you come along and offer a slice of Italy that not many see - just please continue - I'm only stopping to offer us breath of air, a glass of whine - er, wine and a toast to you for knowing your history and geneaology. We have only begun to see the tip of this "Titanic" of a iceberg - history frozen in time - only to melt into the waters of age as we pass thru life. Only I hope that in such a forum as this, they don't become diluted.

Ok, philosophical or not, Ceclia is also references a "blind" (where we get the root of Caecus or Conceal) as in a humorous reference to Lilly of Heaven or "To See Heaven, as to gaze upon her one may go blind to the world."

So in a way, once the song is revealed - the object of the desire is only by name, but the song lives on in remembrance of ones such heart to be broken by the poor judgment by failure of observe abstinence.

Enjoy the thread...hope you had a good thanksgiving...

I never said I didn’t like cats, I prefer my dog. She’s old. When she dies, that’s it for me, no more dogs. Too much trouble and work, like kids. I have 3 of those too. I have enough piled on my plate that I don’t need another dog.

Cats... I don’t have an trouble with them except getting in my garage and pooping in my tools and rags. That’s the line. Cross it and die. Or get taught the hard way.

Now just relax, just offering a beacon to let those in this thread find some sort of direction...

Although there has been quite a sidebar - dealing with a guy called Habakkuk and his woes - comes to mind...

Although, Saint Cecilia was a Martyr from the 2nd Century - as a patron Saint for how she sang her heart out to the Lord - it's is commemorated in several Church Denominations on or about the 22nd of November .

So the item of the song - although dealing with a Whore. Was not always referenced as such - was forced to marry into a Noble line under the Valerian. It is unclear how this came to be but it is noted she herself did not approve of this so to absolve herself of any harm that during the Ceremony she sang alone away from the group. But to observe the consummation of the marriage, Valerian was told, instructed by her - not to violate her virginity. Because, she was watched over by an angel of the Lord - she promised to love him if she was respected - and to prove this Valerian had to travel Via Appia (an ancient Roman road) and be baptized whence her guardian would be revealed.

You know, it's ironic that you come along and offer a slice of Italy that not many see - just please continue - I'm only stopping to offer us breath of air, a glass of whine - er, wine and a toast to you for knowing your history and geneaology. We have only begun to see the tip of this "Titanic" of a iceberg - history frozen in time - only to melt into the waters of age as we pass thru life. Only I hope that in such a forum as this, they don't become diluted.

Ok, philosophical or not, Ceclia is also references a "blind" (where we get the root of Caecus or Conceal) as in a humorous reference to Lilly of Heaven or "To See Heaven, as to gaze upon her one may go blind to the world."

So in a way, once the song is revealed - the object of the desire is only by name, but the song lives on in remembrance of ones such heart to be broken by the poor judgment by failure of observe abstinence.

Enjoy the thread...hope you had a good thanksgiving...
Well Andy, I am totally confused??. . . . I understand what and who that you are referring to. . . . But what completely puzzles me is What on God's green earth does the Cecilia that your talking about have to do with "I hope fictional" person in a song that was recorded by Simon & Garfunkel, And that is what Chopper and I were talking about, I was simply commenting to him that I was surprised that he had never heard of the song? (n)

I never said I didn’t like cats, I prefer my dog. She’s old. When she dies, that’s it for me, no more dogs. Too much trouble and work, like kids. I have 3 of those too. I have enough piled on my plate that I don’t need another dog.

Cats... I don’t have an trouble with them except getting in my garage and pooping in my tools and rags. That’s the line. Cross it and die. Or get taught the hard way.
Como'n Helmet, Everybody knows full well that DARTH VADER hates Han Solo, and the only thing Vader hates almost as much as Solo "Are Cats" Don't you remember that he bragged his as_ off about cutting cats in half with one swipe of his "Lightsaber" Which movie was that??, I can never keep the Episodes right in my head. And I blame that squarely on George Lucas!!. . . . . . But the funniest thing that ever happened to me was when my next door neighbor told me that he never saw any correlation between Star Wars & the Nazi Party! Or the fact that George lucas received substantial financial backing by Spielberg, and several Jewish Big wigs in Hollywood! To help him finance some of his other films. . . Now don't get me wrong, I am not anti semitic, that would be very difficult considering that my Daughter is Jewish, and her Mother is one of the most uncommon kinds of Jews, at least so I have been told that by my former father in law (He is Deceased) You see the overwhelming Greek populus are "Greek Orthodox" That to this day refuse to acknowledge that there is any such thing as a "Greek Jew" But one thing is for certain. . . . The jews in Hollywood will never let the people of the world forget what the German people did during WWII!! And why should they, after all if the German people killed 6 million Sicilians I think that I wouldn't forget that either. After all by their own admission they labeled themselves as the Master Race,
RIght? ;)

You know something???. . . This used to be a nice quiet & peaceful forum?. And most importantly of all is, it was a friendly forum, with a lot of Hamsters, that I observed bending backwards to help out other more novice fellows (I didn't want to say newbie's) without any agenda. . . . they weren't looking to make a buck or show off how great they were. . . . nope I never witnessed any degree of "Egotistical Behavior within their medulla oblongata", they were just trying to give someone a hand that might be a little lost, perhaps because they were somewhat inexperienced?? I Monitored this forum for several weeks before registering as well as made any donations (Anonymously of course) So I guess what I am saying is who is the Fu___ng Trouble maker ?? That made this place into a rainy day? And took away all of my sunshine? :cry:

Como'n Helmet, Everybody knows full well that DARTH VADER hates Han Solo, and the only thing Vader hates almost as much as Solo "Are Cats" Don't you remember that he bragged his as_ off about cutting cats in half with one swipe of his "Lightsaber" Which movie was that??, I can never keep the Episodes right in my head. And I blame that squarely on George Lucas!!. . . . . . But the funniest thing that ever happened to me was when my next door neighbor told me that he never saw any correlation between Star Wars & the Nazi Party! Or the fact that George lucas received substantial financial backing by Spielberg, and several Jewish Big wigs in Hollywood! To help him finance some of his other films. . . Now don't get me wrong, I am not anti semitic, that would be very difficult considering that my Daughter is Jewish, and her Mother is one of the most uncommon kinds of Jews, at least so I have been told that by my former father in law (He is Deceased) You see the overwhelming Greek populus are "Greek Orthodox" That to this day refuse to acknowledge that there is any such thing as a "Greek Jew" But one thing is for certain. . . . The jews in Hollywood will never let the people of the world forget what the German people did during WWII!! And why should they, after all if the German people killed 6 million Sicilians I think that I wouldn't forget that either. After all by their own admission they labeled themselves as the Master Race,
RIght? ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

You know something???. . . This used to be a nice quiet & peaceful forum?. And most importantly of all is, it was a friendly forum, with a lot of Hamsters, that I observed bending backwards to help out other more novice fellows (I didn't want to say newbie's) without any agenda. . . . they weren't looking to make a buck or show off how great they were. . . . nope I never witnessed any degree of "Egotistical Behavior within their medulla oblongata", they were just trying to give someone a hand that might be a little lost, perhaps because they were somewhat inexperienced?? I Monitored this forum for several weeks before registering as well as made any donations (Anonymously of course) So I guess what I am saying is who is the Fu___ng Trouble maker ?? That made this place into a rainy day? And took away all of my sunshine? :cry:

I do see the link politically in Star Wars but I try not to, cause I still try to see it from when I was a kid back in the late 70’s and it was new. Of course I’m an adult now and can’t necessarily block it all out but that doesn’t mean I can’t try. I just love Vader, he’s a bad seed and yeah, a bit crazy I guess and maybe even a failure but I still like him.

Anyway... what you talkin’ bout, trouble maker? Who? What are you referring to? I don’t see a trouble maker around here but I get into trouble sometimes.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.