• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why cut resistors?

543, not you my brother. I promised my self this year I would not let trolls get to me. Broken already.

Here is why a static discharge resistor is needed. I was parked 2 city blocks away from a 32pill.....lol
IMG_0716.jpg

Here is why a static discharge resistor is needed. I was parked 2 city blocks away from a 32pill.....lol
IMG_0716.jpg

I guess mine works. I've been next to mobiles that turned on my antenna warning light. My reflect meter moved a little and the receiver made some strange noises. No damage.

I guess mine works. I've been next to mobiles that turned on my antenna warning light. My reflect meter moved a little and the receiver made some strange noises. No damage.
My radio worked fine after that and I ran it for a while like the picture.

My radio worked fine after that and I ran it for a while like the picture.

When I first got into cb I came across an old 23 channel midland. I did something with my golden screwdriver to cause it but it had a faint trail of smoke continuously coming out of the covers. I talked on it for a while before I threw it in the trash.

Reactions: JoeDirt
When I first got into cb I came across an old 23 channel midland. I did something with my golden screwdriver to cause it but it had a faint trail of smoke continuously coming out of the covers. I talked on it for a while before I threw it in the trash.
It was leaking the magic smoke out slowly! :D

The point of the post, is what are they trying to accomplish when they cut these out?

There is no reason to cut them out. Odds are it was some guy trying to find a way to squeeze another watt or 2 out of it.

Ive had radios where guys cut wires to keep the swr warning light from coming on when all they had to do was adjust it. They just didn't know better.

Reactions: 2FB327 and LeapFrog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.