• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Why does he load 980 Bearcat video's? Is this a paid service?

I didn't watch the video but maybe he put in a larger cap that was for noise filtering.
That's what i'm thinking they are capacitor upgrades, changing the values out for something different.
EDIT: Some mods could make a real improvement on this radio for all I know.

Last edited:
Was he upgrading to something a little more heavy duty, I wonder?

Or, is he just replacing them because he could do it swiftly, and charge a nice premium for it?
Maybe larger values, or audio section mods?

I know a local that has a Snake Radio Customs Cobra 2000, he loves it & it sounds great; what he payed for that radio.. Well that's his decision to make, he seems happy with it.
I have no comment on his business model, to each his own.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndrewGS
Nah, he does it for the audio section of the radio, and erroneously clams that it improves the audio. Which is of course - a load of horse crap.

Audio grade caps are used to improve the 'slew rate' (their ability to recharge faster in order to keep up with complex recorded music - as an example) of the capacitors to hold ultra fidelity under demanding critical transient peaks. Which of course does not have even a remote chance with radios. It cannot improve its response, since it has no real bass or an audio amp powerful enough to demand such a cap. Not to mention, the audio coming out of radios is far from being in the same league - by a far cry

Even if you replaced the stock caps with crappier caps, there would be no noticeable audio change. It is just busy work to charge customers more for his work, and absolutely nothing more. But you can bet that he will disagree and tell you that he can tell the difference and his customers will too. The king isn't wearing any clothes - so to speak. Sorry Snake; but the truth is what it is . . . IMO . . . Whaa - wha - whaaaaah . . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.