• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Will Yaesu CT-143 work with VX-8DR?

albertr

Apr 1, 2011
Well, just wondering if anybody knows? VX-8DR has a 7-pin connector with serial lines, but does it have another serial port on earphone plug connector for use with Yaesu CT-143 cable?

-albertr

The only serial interface I know of with the DR is the multi-pin connector. Only a review of the schematic would be conclusive. Something I have not seen on the net yet or at lease I have not tried to find one.

Mike

Well, just wondering if anybody knows? VX-8DR has a 7-pin connector with serial lines, but does it have another serial port on earphone plug connector for use with Yaesu CT-143 cable?

-albertr

The only serial interface I know of with the DR is the multi-pin connector. Only a review of the schematic would be conclusive. Something I have not seen on the net yet or at lease I have not tried to find one.

Mike

Agreed. I don't think it's going to work.

I guess it makes sense to cut on manufacturing cost, but also makes software programming cumbersome when external mike or GPRS module is attached to the 7-pin connector. I'm getting my VX-8DR later this week and will try to trace connectors to confirm it.

-albertr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.