• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wilson 1000 or 5000

henry jr

Sep 16, 2009
how can you tell the deference between a 1000 and a 5000 wilson antenna.the base has been painted. thanks.:eek: no writing on it.

Other than the 5000 being twice the size of the 1000 I don't suppose anyone could really tell the difference.:whistle:

i dont have the mag mount just the coil and steel whip. the coil is 8 3/4 jn around and 2 7/8 across the bottom coil is black no writing on it. no coax

i dont have the mag mount just the coil and steel whip. the coil is 8 3/4 jn around and 2 7/8 across the bottom coil is black no writing on it. no coax

Here's what I could find as far as dimensions for the wilson 5000 and on another site it claims the 5000 is 65% larger than the 1000 so I would say you most likely have a coil section from a 5000.

Features
High Power Ability To Handle 5,000 Watts AM, 20,000 Watts SSB (ICAS)
Made with high impact Mobay Thermoplastic
6 gauge solid copper silver-plated wire
Exclusive low loss coil design
62" 17-7 PH Tapered spring stainless steel whip
Frequency range 26 MHz to 30 MHz
1 Year Wilson Warranty
Weather Channel Ready
Accessories
Wilson 5000 Roof Mount Antenna
62" Stainless Steel Whip
17' Coax Cable
Weather Cap
Allen Wrench
Dimensions
Length: 66" (6.5')
Width: 3" (load diameter)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.