• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson 200 trucker ?

I have a pair of 2k I’ve run on multiple big trucks since 2014. It’s about 5.5’ ? Can’t recall. VG performance. I but rarely see center load on pickup roofs.

I’d rather have a base load on the pickup roof. The Wilson 5000 version, (or a Sirio). See BELLS CB catalog.

I wouldn’t too caught up on height with where you live. Ought to be able to get away with anything 12’-13’ without many changes to driving, if any. As noted above, lotsa flex length a good idea.

So I’d really rather have the near 7’ PRESIDENT TEXAS to run around with. (See thread). Or the lay-over 5000 Sirio on a PL-145 mag mount if you’re going that route (what I gave my son to go with that McKinley).

I think that THE MINUTE you clear the city limits you’ll want that maximum height!

Nationwide, municipalities trim tree branches to 15’ for emergency vehicle access assuming heavy rain, snow or ice have drooped branches to get 13’5” past them.

FWIW, I stay out of the curb lane in the big truck. I’m at 13.75’ currently with 7’ Skipshooters on 6.5’ high mirror arms..

Measure pickup roof height. Add a few inches for mount.

If you do get the center load 2000/5000, drill two small holes opposite each other on the underside about midway out to keep condensation at bay.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?