• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wilson 5000 vs 10K

Dec 2, 2005
:arrow: I am using a Wilson 5000 Trucker Antenna.
Does anyone think i should change to a 10k is it worth the 70 bucks.

i guess the question is would i be able to tell a Difference :?:

the 22" and 27" shaft single coil 10k's certainly outperform a wilson in all test me and friends have done, my 17"coily-dx beats the wilson 5000 too, if you like the looks of the 10k then go for it.

I had two Wilson 5000 mag.mounts...Both of them, something broke in the Coil, and lost ground.

Only run Predator 10k"s now. Never had any type of problem with a 10K. Right now, On my Burb, I have the Dual Coil, 27'' shaft on. And you would think my swr meter is broke, because from channel 1, to 40. It dont move any! 1.1 on channel 1....and 1.1 on 40!....Try to get a Wilson to do that!

(OK...someone probably can...but try a Wilson in DX land, then try a 10K for DX, and see, and hear the difference for yourself!)

I currenty own probably a dozen 10K's, and someother gizz-mos that Kale has came up with. And trust me, there is no other antenna better, than a Predator 10K...Period.

But dont take my word for it...try one for yourself.
Then you'll be saying
10kworld0nu.jpg

Reactions: Groundhog KSS-2012
Man I'm glad I read this post I bought a Wilson 5000 for my pickup about a week ago to replace the Wilson 1000 that I used for a few years. I had ordered a 10-k and stuck it on my Big truck and that is what made the deciding factor to sell the Wil 5000. The only question I have is which connector is the best in you guys opion to get for the pickup the regular SO239 or the other one????

Ring terminal

If by the other one you mean ring terminal I prefer it. Better ground and you can tighten the antenna to the plug without possibilty of shorting out. Get the 10K mount too, ring terminal type.

StoneCrusher said:
Man I'm glad I read this post I bought a Wilson 5000 for my pickup about a week ago to replace the Wilson 1000 that I used for a few years. I had ordered a 10-k and stuck it on my Big truck and that is what made the deciding factor to sell the Wil 5000. The only question I have is which connector is the best in you guys opion to get for the pickup the regular SO239 or the other one????
StoneCrusher, put the lug terminal type mount on it. Kale

d

I've been running a Wilson 5000 trucker on the big trucks for about a year now. I have run Coilys, Predator 10ks and a BB. I have to say that I really can't tell much difference in the performance between any of them. The 5000 tunes almost a flat 1.0 with almost no reflect. The Coily and 10k antennas will probably outlast the Wilsons though, and are built with better quality materials.
Oh ya, the Coilys and 10ks are much better looking antennas too. One guy is in Texas and the other is in Oregon - both honest hard working folks that build awsome antennas.

LoneWolf TN

ring terminal type

Remember to try keeping the ground as short as possibe in regards to the coax grounding. .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.