• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson lazer 400. old version...

Zman

K9FON
Nov 26, 2009
I picked up a totally NOS Wilson Lazer 400 made in the mid 1970s, however, it didnt come with a direction book. Upon looking at the gammas the feedpoint and the way the gammas hook to the elements is completely different from the Maco version of today. Does someone have a copy of the directions i can have????

I picked up a totally NOS Wilson Lazer 400 made in the mid 1970s, however, it didnt come with a direction book. Upon looking at the gammas the feedpoint and the way the gammas hook to the elements is completely different from the Maco version of today. Does someone have a copy of the directions i can have????

Zman, does the bracket for the SO239 have a short wire connected to its tip, and a small hose clamp that fits the bottom of the gamma as noted in the image posted below...at the other end of this short wire?

As I recall, there is also another bracket that supports the bottom of the gamma that is a short piece of aluminum stock maybe about 3.5" x 1/4" with a plastic clamp attached to one end and a bolt hole for the driven element u-bolt on the other end that looks like this?

Wilson Y-Quad gamma (640x480).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
That kinda helps. Where did u find that?

I was looking thru some only manuals for my Wilson Y-Quad instructions so you could see how the gamma was setup, and I found this.

I have no idea where it came from.

The way the gammas fasten is the only difference between the Maco and the old Wilson. Ill dig into it more when i finally get the beam home. I lucked out finding this NOS Laser 400! The guy also has a NOS Avanti Moonraker 4 as well as a PDL 2 and a Wilson V 5/8 (similar to the maco V 58).. Lord knows what else he finds as he cleans the attic in his shop, LOLOLOLOL!!!! :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.