• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson Roof Mount

undertaker

Undertaker
Apr 5, 2006
Texas
I have a wilson roof mount on my truck. Have had it for several years now I cant get my antenna to tune Bought A NEW 1000 COIL AND STILL WONT TUNE!!! Can the mount go bad it has been on pick up prolly 10 years ... Ant help would be apppricated..

thanks
Bobby

coax can go bad
mount could lose ground(check the star washer)
are you trimming the antenna to tune it?

this is a thru roof mount correct?

well the newer wilson coils are not the greatest anymore since barjan took over .and barjan has sold out now to another company so its really a crap shoot when you get one .

if you have an ohms meter check the mount for continuity on the center pin and the grounds .as long as there is no shorts on either one i would suspect the coil .

try to find new old stock coils or buy from forum members who know what they got .

if its 10 years old i would pull the headliner(if you got one) and clean up the ground surface .

Reactions: 1 person
I have a wilson roof mount on my truck. Have had it for several years now I cant get my antenna to tune Bought A NEW 1000 COIL AND STILL WONT TUNE!!! Can the mount go bad it has been on pick up prolly 10 years ... Ant help would be apppricated..

thanks
Bobby

I had a Wilson 5000 roof mount on my previous pickup and the center coax wire solder joint become undone. The connection was intermittent and if I didn't have a cross needle meter inline, my amp would have been blown. Flux and solder solved that problem quick.
Wire brush the ground connection on the roof and reinstall nice and tight.
The only problem I ever had with Wilsons other than the one stated are thieves.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.