• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

wilson shooting star antenna

Nov 2, 2013
I recently bought an antenna described as a maco shooting star ..the seller told me 1 of the gammas where missing and everything else was there ..well..bought the new /spare gamma from maco antenna parts but when I looked at the gamma that came with antenns its completely different gamma ...first [ic is the maco gamma new from maco ..second pic is both old and new ..can anyone put me right on the originalityof this antenna ..maco ? Wilson ? ...please ..

Attachments

• maco 3.jpg
    maco 3.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 35
  • maco 2.jpg
    maco 2.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 32

That gamma will work, you may need to be a little creative on mounting it to the element but I see no issues with the gamma.

As far as the manufacture of the yagi??

Does it really matter? Just assemble the yagi to the dimensions you want for the performance you want install it and have some fun making contacts.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Waverider is correct. Designs change over time. Sometimes you need a little ingenuity to make new parts fit old things. This is when it pays to be handy with tools and have a well stocked junk pile. :)

I remember those little brackets being pretty thin, and the new match looks to mount directly to a lot more solid point. I have known people that lost their gamma match in strong winds over time, so the new design looks to be a lot better. You should be able to look at the assembly instructions for the Maco and see where they mount it (and with what parts) and do the same with your Wilson.

Brett

Reactions: Marconi
gentlemen ..thanks for good solid advice ..am gonna go with whole new maco parts for boom n pl conection ..looking forward to getting this old twig on the go ..she s a beast of a size ...any advice on the Wilson shooting star is always welcome ..

Reactions: 2RT307
gentlemen ..thanks for good solid advice ..am gonna go with whole new maco parts for boom n pl conection ..looking forward to getting this old twig on the go ..she s a beast of a size ...any advice on the Wilson shooting star is always welcome ..

I had a friend "back in the day" that ran one. He had a Tram D201A, a 13 tube Phantom, and the Shooting Star. Quite a setup, and he got out quite well.

Brett

Reactions: knight patrol 60

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.