• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wilson vs the sirio performer 5000

If you worried about a small bit of paint damage you would never go on the radio,small oprice to pay for an excllent signal. The sun damges the paint every day,well maybe not in Scotland,chips being thrown up from other vehicles do likewise so its gonna happen anyway if rust doesn't beat it too it on modern shitty built cars,

End of the day you treat an antenna that ruins your roof the same as a bird that shites in your vehicle, you don't take her back out again ;)

So many factors involved. A magmount is supposed to be a temporary setup unless you plan on using this antenna on different vehicles including rentals. To keep coax from rubbing paint you could use adhesive silicone backed cable looms or just lay down a color matching layer of tape under the coax. My vehicle is nine years old with 198,000 miles on it which means I don't care if a little dirt gets between the magmount and paint job but in my case it would be road grime as I live in a sandy area. The top soil where I live turns from being all North Carolina red clay to sand. I have properly maintained my car's clear coat in that it's not thinned out but I have my coax zip tied to my luggage rack cross bar.

Reactions: skylloga
I know this is an old thread but wanted to toss in my findings on the comparison of the Wilson 5000 vs the Sirio performer 5000. After running the Wilson for 10+ years I made the switch to the Sirio and have to say I was very pleased with the results. Recieve signal increased by approximately 1s unit as well as transmit. Overall the sirio is the better of the 2 IMHO. One thing I did do was upgrade the coax that came on the mag mount of the Sirio to LMR240-UF. I was not a fan of the the rg58 that came stock with the Sirio. Next Im upgrading the coax again to Rg303. I will post after o do that.....355 Mr. Snowman on the Jersey Shore 73.

I saw the new sirio performer 5000 mobile antenna at a fellow cb'ers home in vegas, he said it will out perform the Wilson 1000 I use to run hands down, what are your thoughts?
Your friend is 100% correct!!! It eill.most definitely out perform the wilson on both transmit and receive by at least a 1/2 to 1 s-unit.

Reactions: RoadRanger

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated