• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WIRES-II Interface Kit

Cheech

Apr 6, 2005
Medina county Ohio
Okay need some info on this one. I have friend who is a fellow ham and is interested in seting one of these thing up at his house. I understand how the unit works but was wondering on what frequencies you can run the radio on with this unit. He basically want to hook it up for anyone in the area to use and leave it on 24-7. I was not sure if this was alowed or not.

If you're going to make it an official repeater, you'll need to coordinate it through your local council. You're local club will have the info, or you can find it online. Of course, you can always put it up "uncoordinated", but you'll want to make sure it doesn't interfere with anything else around. I wouldn't recommend doing that, unless you're going to limit the footprint of the RX range to a few blocks.

As far as leaving it on 24/7, that is perfectly OK, but you must have some way of controlling it at all times, especially to shut it off in case it goes berzerk. There are a few ways to accomplish that...

dxChat
Help Users